TMI - groin soreness

Mama2Aston

Reaction score
Hi I'm 23 weeks now . In the last week or so I've noticed my groin area like near my labia vaginal area it feels sore like it's bruised feeling when I get up I feel it and as I walk along some . It's tolerable but feels like the flesh not super deep inside . I had pain in my pelvic or hips when I was farther along w my son . It's not that ... Should I be worried ???

I've been suffering from this burning labia/itching for a few weeks now. At first I thought it was a yeast infection, but it didn't clear up with a 3-day treatment and it doesn't feel like a yeast infection.

I think I've settled on vulvar variscosities. Basically, varicose veins/hemorrhoids of the vulva. It's worse at the peak of my vulva and along the hair line. Sorry TMI. Worse at the end of the day when I've been chasing my toddler around. It's an intermittent burning.

Witch hazel sprays and pads cut down on the the swelling/burning/itching. When it gets really bad, I apply some vagisil. Sitting with my legs elevated helps.

Check with your health care provider. From what I've read online vulvar varicosities (the Mayo clinic website has a page on it) are common in pregnancy and usually are only managed. It's a combination of weight on the blood vessels and increased blood flow due to pregnancy hormones.

Mine feels bruised too.
But like u said it feels more surface
Than cervical or anything
I get back and pelvic pain
And I think its related to that.
I think its loose muscle or ligament
But I'm guessing
Its not bad pain
Just iriitating

Yeah when I sit down feels sore like a bruise or when I get up like go to stand from the floor or stand and all it feels bruised . It's tolerable but annoying lol ...

And following bedroom time it feels more intense :/ hope it simmers down :(

My first symptom was increased surface discomfort after sex. And we use lub. But it if't varicose veins in your vulva anything that increases blood flow like sex will make it worse.

Over the last few weeks it's progressed to several times a day discomfort. Worse at the end of the day. Worse the more active I am.

I have an appointment with my midwife next week. Hopefully she'll have some suggestions. Otherwise I will be a walking medicine cabinet.

Believe it or not there are support undergarments for your crotch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->