TMI gushing bloody show?

Reaction score
Im a FTM so although I've read (mainly on bnb) what to expect running up to the big day I just want to ask your ladies advice before calling my mw unnecessarily. Iv woken up a few times through the night with bad cramping, nothing I would call contractions, more intensifying period like pains. First time when I this happened I went to the toilet and upon wiping had a few jelly like blobs on the tissue, so I knew I was starting to loose my plug. The next few times waking and repeting the process there was a small smeer of blood on the tissue, nothing significant so I thought it was the start of my show although it was alot redder than expected and less "mucusy". After getting a few more hours sleep Iv woken up and the pains have eased (but not dissapered), I only just made it to the toilet before I had a small gush of something, it felt more watery that sticky, but nowhere near as much as I would expect from my waters breaking and upon wiping there was more brownish jelly like stuff left on the tissue. Im almost 100% sure the gushing wasn't my waters as it wasnt alot and I've not continued to leek, so I guess my question is has anyone else had they're bloody show in this "gushing" way? Also if this is my show how long after does labour kick in? Im supposed to be leaving for Bristol tomorow as my nephew has to have an operation, is it possible that baby could come before I get home on thursday?
Sorry for the rambling and the TMI but I'm new to all this and I'm not good with not understanding whats going on
TIA for any thoughts/advice xxx

There are lots of different waters - sometimes only a bit comes out and it could still count as your waters breaking. I think I'd speak to a midwife - they'll probably want you to come in so they can do a check and then send you home again, but I'd want to be seen by a professional!

I'm due 2 days after you! Are you excited to be going into labour now? x

You need to be seen, I don't think Bristol will be a good idea! X

Ive just tried the number for the midwives Iv been given on my notes, but apparently thats only avalible 9-12 Mon-Fri, which isn't very helpful, not quite sure what to do now :shrug:
Maggie I've been so uncomfortable recently I've been wishing her out almost constantly, after these past few hours and now facing the possibility that this might b the start of things Im praying that she can wait a little while long, not only because of the trip I'm supposed to be making but more because I'm now very scared of what happens next lol

Call your labour and delivery ward. They will probably want to see you

Can you Google a number of the hospital? Just ring anything and keep asking to be put through to the labour ward... At some stage just start saying "Help me I'm in labour!!" if you're not getting much help!

If you're worried, definitely get checked out.

Having said that, I've been having v similar, a watery trickle every time I get up in morning- it's now slightly orangey and when I wipe there's a bit of discharge. I rang midwives on l&d and they advised to put a pad on- if pad got drenched within 2 hrs then come in- if it's only first thing and only the initial trickle, it's watery discharge mixed with bloody show xx

If you're worried, definitely get checked out.

Having said that, I've been having v similar, a watery trickle every time I get up in morning- it's now slightly orangey and when I wipe there's a bit of discharge. I rang midwives on l&d and they advised to put a pad on- if pad got drenched within 2 hrs then come in- if it's only first thing and only the initial trickle, it's watery discharge mixed with bloody show xx

I have had a trickle each morning too but I thought I was maybe wetting myself a tiny bit before. I got to the toilet! Hmmm, maybe not then. Thankfully I always wear a pad at night. I lost my plug exactly a week ago and still no labour so goodness only knows if yours will be tomorrow or in two weeks time. It's such a trying time at the end isn't it? xxx

Sounds like your water has broken. The start of labour for me was always period like cramping. I'd go into labor & delivery if you can't get a hold of your midwives.

When my waters broke with my son i only had the smallest amount come out. His head was so low down it was trapping all the rest in behind him. I would definitely get checked out especially as you have been having pains and losing plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->