tmi..periods

whatwillbe

Reaction score
Hi ladies, im just looking for a little advise really, today after i got home from collecting my kids from school, my 10 yr old daughter called me to the bathroom, she has started her periods, i habe tried to explain to her that girls / ladies get this every month and its normal, although i have been expecting this, its still came as a bit of a shock, she has been developing physically for a while now. We went to the shop to get some sanitary towels as i didnt have any and i showed her how to use them, she seem's ok with them so far.

Anyway, my dilemma is her class at school start swimming lessons on thurs and i suggested maybe this week she should give it a miss, but she really wants to go, so the only other option is tampons, im just wandering if 10 years old is too young to be using them ? I would obviously show her how to use them .. im just a bit unsure what to do, would appreciate any advise, if anyone has a daughter who's started thiers, sorry if its tmi... thank you x

ten is far too young for tampons IMO, i would just have her skip swimming, she can go next week. she wont be the only one, maybe treat her to something special to make up for it if she is upset about missing swimming

tbh if she wasnt prepared for this and you have just told her today i would go really easy on her. its a hell of a lot to take in in one go for them, i think tampons is something for much further down the line

you can get special smaller towels in boots for younger girls, and lilets do smaller towels as well now

Thanks suzi, i was thinking the same, that ten is too young, even though i was using them at 11.. i think tomorrow i'll talk to her and try and explain it would be best she doesnt go this week, she's not gonna be happy though, that is a good idea to buy her a treat or something, i did mention it to her a few weeks back that she might get a bit of bllod down there soon, like mommy does but i think its still been a bit of a shock to her too, thanks hun x

I tend to agree it's a bit young- tbh though, I've never used one! I know right? So yea, I just made the decision to sit out on certain things because of this. But for me, I just never liked them and it was too hard to use them when I was that young- but I was 13yrs when I started. My SD started as a big 12yr old- and has always been a swimmer (but during that time happen to be on a break from swim team)- but she didn't feel comfy using them and I supported that. Just told her to try when/if she was ready. Which, wasn't till about 14 when she got back on swim team and decided she had to use one if she wanted to swim. Sounds like you made the right call hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->