TMI: PICTURE! Mucus plug or?

laceyrainbow

Reaction score
I literally just felt this come out of me. It's like a white lump, kind of stretchy and feels like thick snot.

If it is then, that's fine, I know it's normal! But I'm a worrier so just making sure lol. Does it look like a mucus plug - or a bit of one - to you?

Thanks girls x

tumblr_mxzjcuDV111s7v1xjo1_500.jpg

I know this was posted a while ago but just wanted to say to me it doesn't look like a mucus plug...but I also can't see the picture close up very well. My mucus plug was very watery and kinda greenish brown in color. At 16 weeks you are too early to be losing your plug anyways. That happens towards the end when your body is getting ready to go into labor. I hope everything is okay with you, but maybe you ahold discuss this with your OB if you haven't already! Please update me as now you have me worrying too! Lol

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it might just be a clump of mucous. Your plug is still very delicate this early on, and pieces of it can come out after vigorous sex or exercise anyway. Try not to worry too much, it's only a small bit of mucous anyway! I see women in my clinic (I'm a maternity nurse) who worry about this sort of thing and it isn't an issue until later in pregnancy. Your vagina is still constantly producing large quantities of mucous and even if it is a bit of plug, it'll "grow" right back :thumbup:

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it might just be a clump of mucous. Your plug is still very delicate this early on, and pieces of it can come out after vigorous sex or exercise anyway. Try not to worry too much, it's only a small bit of mucous anyway! I see women in my clinic (I'm a maternity nurse) who worry about this sort of thing and it isn't an issue until later in pregnancy. Your vagina is still constantly producing large quantities of mucous and even if it is a bit of plug, it'll "grow" right back :thumbup:

I did not know that! Thank you for sharing that information.

I had something very similar looking today, but I am 33 wks... should I be worried?

Thanks for the replies.

@everdreaming, Yeah, I'm a student midwife but to me it didn't look like one. As I'm used to seeing them a lot more slippery and stretchy. But of course, that's usually towards the end when it's the whole thing.. and possibly bloody. That's why I wasn't worried if it was.. it was if it wasn't I was freaking out lol.

Leanna and futurephotos, it's normal to lose bits of your plug throughout pregnancy, it regenerates and is nothing to worry about. However, if it's bloody - "the bloody show" then you need to contact somebody as the blood can be a sign of cervical dilation.

I went to the early pregnancy anyway just to get checked.. confirmed it was a bit of the plug. Dr checked my cervix, quick ultrasound, baby doing well and nothing to worry about :)

x

Yeah see I didn't know it was possible to lose small bits. I never did and was never told I might so I assumed that you weren't supposed to. But I'm expecting again so thank you for enlightening me. If it does happen to me I will know not to worry!

I lost that same exact thing a week or so ago, and it scared me so badly. But, I checked baby on doppler that day and the next day and have been feeling movement since, and I've had no other symptoms, so I've let it go. I haven't had anything weird since then. Glad everything is okay with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->