• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMI poo question (with pic)

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Ok so my poor baby has been messed around quite abit with foods/medication. My baby is currently 2weeks & 4 days. The midwife thought she may have been suffering from really back reflux & wind. She advices us to get infant gaviscon from the gp. Which we did for a week but at the same time she told us she believed our baby maybe lactose intolerant & to change her milk diagnosis a baby so younge & prob best to take her off the gaviscon. As we wouldn't know if it was the milk helping the reflux. Previouse to changing her milk she was pooing 15+ times a day & you couldn't ever tell the difference between a wet or just dirty nappy. As soon as her nappy was changed 20mins later you could tell she had gone again. It was very sloppy runny but she seamed to be in pain passing it. It would always come out in an explosive way too :(
So shes been on the milk for about a week & she's pooping only once a day. Monday morning she did a long fermish poo followed by a little sloppier poo. She's hasn't been since, should I be worried or is this normal. Am used to seeing every nappy full of poo . Here's Mondays poo sorry I know far tmi but I did say pic included :0(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 24
Hello!
We suspected that our daughter might have a lactose sensitivity as her daddy and grandpa both do...we had her on similac advance, which gave her terrible runny poos multiple times a day. We since switched her to similac sensitive (the store brand, the brand stuff doesnt agree with her) and she has poos similar to the picture you posted, sometimes a little softer in texture..she usually does about 3 poos a day, sometimes she will go a day without pooing... she is also nearly 4 months old now...we combi fed for the first month, then did the similac advance for a few weeks, then the sensitive since she was about two and a half months...sometimes she will go a day without pooing, but usually gives us an epic poop the next day....is she still sans poo today? If so, i might give the dr a call just to see what they say..it could be from the transition to a different formula, but it never hurts to ask :flower:

We didn't have to use 'special' formulas with Nathan, just stage appropriate SMA, but he would go 30 or so hours between poops if that helps?

When she was doing lots of really runny poos she may have actually been blocked up and what you were getting was undigested runny mess that was passing around the blockage.

It's normal for FF babies to only go once a day or even every few days. If you get to a week with no poos that's when DRs will start thinking they may be constipated.

Thanks ladies, she's been going once a day at roughly the same time every day. Boy O boy is it always a monster poo & the smell :nope:......
We've been told by many like a few of you have suggested that once a day is normal. :thumbup:

My little one is on nutramagin allergy milk and only goes once a day. She was so blocked up before we put her on it her poop wss just like your pic when we were moving her between the milks gradually. Now she is settled on the allergy milk she goes once a day and they are more a mushy peas consistency if that makes sense. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->