TMI question but sperm consistency?

M

Miss406

Okay, I don't know whether this may be a T.M.I question or not, but I'm just going to go for it :lol:

Is it easier to conceive with thin or thicker :spermy: ?
I know that the consistency is not the true test of how many sperm are actually in your partners ejaculate, however I am interested to know if thinner consistency is easier to swim? My Fiancé has quite thick ejaculate so I am a little worried it's too thick for them to swim where they need to go! :oops:

Does anyone have any answers?

At the moment at times we use a lubricant (not yet preseed), but we have been using durex tingle, it says it is sperm friendly and doesn't act like a spermicide, so we presume it's safe and helps them swim places.

Sorry for the TMI question but it's been bugging me a while :lol: :oops:

Hey miss 406 I thought the same thing last week cos my partners was rather thick, I read too thick and yes it can make it difficult for them to swim but it also needs to have some thickness so it can stick to your cervix and stay up there.
Hope this helps a little :)

Male infertility should not be judged by the thickness of their semen. Consistency of semen can vary greatly from one man to another. So there is no defined 'normal appearance'. It is normal for semen to liquefy shortly after ejaculation. Low or moderate viscosity is considered normal and flows easily. If the consistency is too thick, the semen has a harder time leaving the reproductive track. There may be several explanations to thick serum. May be you are dehydrated. Other causes could be diet, low testosterone hormone, infrequent ejaculation and low energy.

During ejaculation the semen spurts out as a liquid which gels promptly. This should liquefy again in about 30 minutes to allow the sperm free motility. If it fails to do so, or if it is very thick in consistency even after liquefaction, this could be a problem of infection of the seminal vesicles and prostate.

I'm sorry, I wasn't judging infertility by the consistency. I purely meant the motility of them. I panicked last night as I wiped after BD and noticed the tinest spec of blood. After a quick google search it revealed it is very rare and injury to the penis may be to blame. I then quickly remembered 2 days ago my DF caught it in his trouser zip so panic over.

Thanks for the advice.

sperm consistency alters for men just like cm consistency alters for women. the only thing that truly matters is the woman's vaginal environment because the only thing sperm have to worry about is surviving it. they're fine the way they are whether they're in thick and thin semen. when the woman's environment has the ewcm, it helps pull the sperm along and keeps them alive for a longer period of time, as well as pulling them toward the cervix opening to get to the egg like a freeway with little traffic. otherwise, if the woman's cervical mucus is thin or watery, the sperm have a hard time swimming through it because not only does the thin/watery cm make the acidity higher in the environment, it also makes sperm slide backwards and away.

Its normal for it to come out thick but it should liquefy within 30 min and that allows the sperm to swim easier if it fails to liquefy then it effects motility of the sperm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->