TMI question

Leanna5813

Reaction score
In my first pregnancy I was spared the constipation until my last trimester and when I did get it only my bottom got sore and I ended up getting hemorrhoids. But I'm pregnant again and only in my first trimester and already having constipation. This time though instead pain in my bottom I get really bad cramps in my stomach/uterus area and I swear they feel like contractions! I end up feeling like I'm going to throw up, and it takes me three times to the toilet to finally get my bowels completely empty. The pain I go through is so bad my husband gets scared! Lol is this a normal thing?

I'm not sure about the pains, sounds a little like IBS, which I have but usually that relates to diarrhea as it's bowel cramps and spasms. I do know that pregnancy can bring on IBS and also make it go away (in my case I get constipation instead of diarrhea and cramps lol!).

I'd maybe speak to your doctor, and make sure you are drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day to help soften your stools and also maybe increase your fibre intake. I also take fybogel once a day (ispagula husk) but am thinking I need to increase that to twice as I'm still struggling to poop!

I hope some of that helps Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->