Tmi warning - freaking a bit

mayacat

Reaction score
Just expelled a glib of mucousy pinky-brown stuff. Mucous plug?? I hope so.

Going to bed with a pad on and hoping it doesn't turn red/more by morning. We had sex last night and it hurt a little, so hoping something just got dislodged. I know a little bleeding on occasion is normal, but I'm really trying not to panic right now.

I've blead after sex too. Just a little there when wipes twice and nothing more. Hope that is all it is for you!

Mucus plug doesn't start to shape until after the first trimester. Yes, you can lose it in early pregnancy, or parts of it, and see your doctor if that is what you think. It regenerates though if you lose it early. If it was the mucus plug it should have been some brown or maybe even red in it.
Sometimes the normal discharge (the milky white stuff) can hang up in the vaginal area and when it comes out (which is very common after intercourse) it can be thick and clumpy. My OB said as long as it is not extremely bloody and you are not having contractions, there is nothing to worry about. Still, I would call a doctor just to inform them you have lost it because they like to be informed of anything "abnormal" in your pregnancy!
Good luck!!

Thankfully it's just brownish residue this morning. Looks more like the last time I spotted after sex now. I have my 14 week appointment tomorrow anyway so I'll mention it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->