TMI! Wondering if you have had this or if I should see the dr?A lil help

mommyandbaby

Mom Of 2 Girls, TTC#3
Reaction score
last two days my period has been so bad that it litterly gushes or drips out of me, (sorry about the tmi) but it kinda scares me. I know I wasn't pregnant this month. But, have any of you had this happen during your cycle? Or should I be concerned and go to the dr? It also has blood clots size of a penny.

I have only had this once but it wasn't even as bad as this one is.. I'm never this heavy! I havn't had cramping except when I start to bleed really bad..
Hmm, I wonder if this is that endometriouses the hospital was talking about??
Any Ideas?

does it feel like you "ink" (like the octopus in "finding nemo" lol).

i've had that before. not this past cycle tho.

does it feel like you "ink" (like the octopus in "finding nemo" lol).

i've had that before. not this past cycle tho.

Yes if you would like to describe it as that.. :rofl: It's so horrable.. I'll just be sitting there and ink ink ink.. Really bad..
But I didnt know if it was normal or not..

I think it would be wise to have a check up with your gyn. Are you heavy flowing thru your whole period or just the first couple of days? Sometimes I have been heavy like the 2nd day but by the 3rd day I'm back to normal. But anyway, I would ask my doctor if I had concerns about it if I were you.

This heavy stuff started 2 day, yesterday was day 3. Its even enough to leak out my tampax (regular):dohh:.
You know how after you have a baby they come in and press down there to make sure everything is okay & u squirt out alot?
That's what it kinda is...
I havn't been this bad for many moons and it only has happened once since I got my period at age 14..
Thanks guy's. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this..
Its so embarrasing & weird...

my periods since having kids have become unbearable! i need to change tampon every 2 hours! and at night im up at least twice changing pad! this os only usually for 3-4 days tho :(

hi i get this every month and im waiting to see a gyno to see if i have enometriosis. I get lots of clots and the sudden bleeding your getting (ink) which my doctor refers to as the term 'flooding'. This can be a sign of endometriosis and i get severe pain and sometimes af lasts a week. However this deosnt neccessarily mean endo it could just be the way our bodies are. Plus some people who have it have no symptoms at all and it is more common to start in your 30s but cases are usually diagnosed from 25 younger is less common. I started my period when i was 14 too which is quite late maybe its just the way are bodies are naturally.

By the way i never use tampons especially the days its heavy i wouldnt reccommend it due to that condition you ca get from leaving in tampons too long. Even though its not related if the bleeding is heavy and soaking through them i wouldn risk it. I use the night time sanitary towels with wings for heavy flow the whole way through my period as i feel more comfortable that nothing will leak!:rofl:

I have always gotten very heavy periods, when I talked to my dr. about it she said they don't worry about it unless your clots are the size of a quarter or bigger. That being said if this is that unusual for you I would go ahead and get checked for peace of mind.

I had a period that was so heavy one time that it literally made me sick! I was in bed and weak from it....was terrible! I hope you have some answers soon about it!

April

im like this every month !
have to change pad every 2 hours as it is saturated
i had my first period at 11 and after my first period it has been like it ever since
it is clotty too
i get bad cramps and feel totally drained
if this isn't normal for you i would definetly get checked over
hope this helps hun xxx

Yeah, I was just wondering if it was due to the endometrioses. The ER said I have. I guess so I talked my doctor today. He told me just to watch out for it and not wear tampax for too long. Hes prescribing me some vicodon for the pain if I need it...
My loardy never been this bad in my life!!.

Well, Thanks girls for the help. I felt like I would been the only one with this bad of a problem..

Its snowing here too and I dont know how to drive in snow..

i also get this every month, major cramps on first day and lots of clotting and gushing when sitting on loo (so sorry for tmi)

vickie, i was thinking how my clots are the size of a quarter and then i saw you mentioned that quarter sized clots can be a sign of endometriosis. does anyone know if endometriosis has any impact on ttc?

It can I think have a lil bit of problems with TTCing. Thats waht I heard but when your pregnant it wont hurt your pregnancy. Once your pregnant the lining doesn't shed so it wont cause problems. But, when minsus comes ur lining sheds and causes it to sometimes the blood to back up into your uturus.. Some people need surgery for it if its bad...
My sister had to have blood transfusuns once and while cuz her endo was so bad and the bleeding was so heavy. Heres what my ER paper says about infertility and endo... **periods may be heavier and intercourse may be painful. Infertility may be present. they say the need to do ultrasounds and urinalysis to test out the diagnosis of the endometriosis And sometimes they will do a laparoscopy, laparoscopy is a procedure were the care giver looks into your abdomen with a telescope pencil sized. they will take tiny pieces of tissue from any abnormal tissue to confirm the problem.. So yes endometriosis can cause infertility!

oh great! i'll add that to my list of 'obstacles' :rofl:

C'rect me if I am wrong... but endometriosis is endometrial tissue in places it doesn't belong (anywhere other than on the inside of the uterus). Hormones "tell" it to swell & fill with blood, other hormones "tell" it to shed when it's time for your AF/period. When the endometrial tissue sheds in other places than your uterus, it has nowhere to go & creates scar tissue which can cause internal organs to adhere to each other, such as damage to ovaries or close up your Fallopian Tubes making it impossible for sperm through to fertilize an egg or for a fertilized embryo to make it to your uterus to implant. My mother had endometriosis & was diagnosed at about 16. It took a long time to diagnose, but when they finally did, she was put on BCPs to help with the awful pain it caused (i.e. some people on the pill have lighter periods, hence less endometrial tissue=less pain, scarring, etc.).

Well, she was having a hard time TTC me so she had some kind of surgery to have the scar tissue removed & conceived me right away. I'm not sure which procedure they used, but I think she has something similiar to a c-section scar, so I'd imagine back in the 70's they did something more invasive than laprascopy.

Endometriosis is related to auto-immune diseases or may be an auto-immune disease. I have an auto-immune disease that one of the pre-req's is... "if your mom had Endometriosis or an auto-immune disease herself, you are at higher risk." Interesting, I thought! Learn something new EVERYDAY!

I used to have very heavy periods as a teenager & HORRIBLE cramping, I'd wake up at 5 a.m. or so and be doubled over with a heating pad, take Advil & once the Advil kicked-in, I was OK. I could NOT let the Advil wear out or I was in trouble! I had such heavy periods as a young teen that I'd be wearing a pad & it'd gush out around the ends & sides... it was before the kind with "wings." It's HORRIBLY embarrassing in school for a kid! I didn't know it was abnormal to have such a heavy period, so I never mentioned it to my mom or doc. I haven't had many period's between kids, but they've been MUCH lighter & close to cramp-less... It's really nice! I don't think I have Endo, especially now, but in hindsight, I'd have thought so as a kid.

mommyandbaby, didn't you say awhile back that in the ER they said you had thickening of your endometrial tissue & that's what led them to believe you had Endo? If so, isn't thickening of the endometrial tissue a sign of early, early pg? Maybe you're having a Chemical Pregnancy? Also, didn't you do an IUI? That could be causing the bleeding to be unusual too. Good luck!! And I highly recommend you get checked out either way because you really can't know what's going on without some tests, etc.

tibuRon - you are exactly right that is what endo is. The only way to confirm a diagnosis of endometriosis is by having a Laparoscopy done. It can cause fertility issues because of the scaring. Laproscopic surgery can be done to remove it to help increase a woman's chances of conceiving (note that it only removes it for about 6 months).

My periods are pretty heavy for a couple of days (with some clotts), but it is usually gone by CD 4 (depending when it starts - sometimes CD 1 or CD 2). If the heavy bleeding continues for too long you should consult your doctor because you run the risk of becoming anemic.

Sorry you are going through this - the :witch: is bad enough, but when she is full force grrrrrrrrr. (((((hugs)))))

C'rect me if I am wrong... but endometriosis is endometrial tissue in places it doesn't belong (anywhere other than on the inside of the uterus). Hormones "tell" it to swell & fill with blood, other hormones "tell" it to shed when it's time for your AF/period. When the endometrial tissue sheds in other places than your uterus, it has nowhere to go & creates scar tissue which can cause internal organs to adhere to each other, such as damage to ovaries or close up your Fallopian Tubes making it impossible for sperm through to fertilize an egg or for a fertilized embryo to make it to your uterus to implant. My mother had endometriosis & was diagnosed at about 16. It took a long time to diagnose, but when they finally did, she was put on BCPs to help with the awful pain it caused (i.e. some people on the pill have lighter periods, hence less endometrial tissue=less pain, scarring, etc.).

Well, she was having a hard time TTC me so she had some kind of surgery to have the scar tissue removed & conceived me right away. I'm not sure which procedure they used, but I think she has something similiar to a c-section scar, so I'd imagine back in the 70's they did something more invasive than laprascopy.

Endometriosis is related to auto-immune diseases or may be an auto-immune disease. I have an auto-immune disease that one of the pre-req's is... "if your mom had Endometriosis or an auto-immune disease herself, you are at higher risk." Interesting, I thought! Learn something new EVERYDAY!

I used to have very heavy periods as a teenager & HORRIBLE cramping, I'd wake up at 5 a.m. or so and be doubled over with a heating pad, take Advil & once the Advil kicked-in, I was OK. I could NOT let the Advil wear out or I was in trouble! I had such heavy periods as a young teen that I'd be wearing a pad & it'd gush out around the ends & sides... it was before the kind with "wings." It's HORRIBLY embarrassing in school for a kid! I didn't know it was abnormal to have such a heavy period, so I never mentioned it to my mom or doc. I haven't had many period's between kids, but they've been MUCH lighter & close to cramp-less... It's really nice! I don't think I have Endo, especially now, but in hindsight, I'd have thought so as a kid.

mommyandbaby, didn't you say awhile back that in the ER they said you had thickening of your endometrial tissue & that's what led them to believe you had Endo? If so, isn't thickening of the endometrial tissue a sign of early, early pg? Maybe you're having a Chemical Pregnancy? Also, didn't you do an IUI? That could be causing the bleeding to be unusual too. Good luck!! And I highly recommend you get checked out either way because you really can't know what's going on without some tests, etc.

No they never tested hun... :wacko: because of the fact I thought I might have been pregnant this last cycle.. So, I couldn't have anything done but a ultrasound I did not get because he didn't think it was necessary... He just said that since I was so tender down there & had irragular bleeding, That it could be endo...
I have not been tested the ER doctor gave me some pain pills & a pamphlit on endometriosis and infertility.....
So, I wont know ANYTHING without having testing done!!.. I just have pain pills and a paper on endo and Infertility... They say that Birth control can help that, But I'm trying to have another baby right now. Before I need more treatments, Laser treatment for my HPV cervical cancer...
No I wasn't pregnant at all. Wasn't a chemical I had blood tests done 2 times...

This is what my paper said... ENDOMETROSIS

Endometriosis is a disease that occures when the endometrium is misplaced outside of its normal location. It may occure in many locations close to the uterus. but commonly on the ovaries,fallopian tubes, vagina and bowel located close to the uterus. Because the uterus sloughs its lining every month, there is bleeding where ever the endometrial tissue is located.
Symptoms, often the are no symtoms however because blood is irrating the tissues not normally exposed to it, when symptoms occure they vary with the location of the misplaced endometrium. symptoms often inclue back and abdominal pain. Periods my be heviar and intercaurse my be painful. Infertility may be present. You may have all these sympoms at one time or another you may have months without symptoms at all.
Diagnoses. You will have to be seen by your caregiver for a diagnosis. Your doctor may reccoment a blood test or urinallises. Another is an ultrasound. And. sometimes a laparoscpy. Treatment Once the diagnosis is made, it can be treated by destruction of the misplaced endometrial tissue wusing the heat laser, excision or chemical means. It may also have to be treated with hormonal therapy. (Brith control). Only sever cases is it nesccessart to perform a hysterectomy.

The doctor in the ER said "I think you might have the early signs of endo". But no tests were done at that point due to I thought I was pregnant (Only 5 DPO).
The IUI that I did on myself can cause endo in 1% of IUI's that are proformed..
My Period is so heavy I was gushing out of my Tampon that was a regular absorbancy!! I never been so heavy in my life but my period is over now! YAY..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->