To all of the cat and dog owners out there!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do they know I'm pregnant, lol?

I guess it could make sense, maybe my scent has changed or something lol, but they've been sooo clingy for the past couple months, and so sucky with me. My dog sits on my feet, my cat lays on my stomach and purrs whenever she gets the opportunity.

Kitty usually likes her space-from everyone! But follows me around all day, everyday. Also has started meowing sooo much, she didn't meow much for the first 2 years we had her and now she's going nuts meowing at me, lol. Keeps rubbing against my legs, sleeps at my feet, etc.

My dog also typically prefers the basement but lays in whatever room I'm in instead now.

yup, they know! My annie sticks pretty close to me too. mine wont lie on me anymore, tho. got 2 cats.

My dog doesn't. He jumps off the top of the sofa onto my tummy :rofl:

My cat tells me I'm pregnant before I even start testing, its the only time she comes near me!

Im sure my cat knows, she loves purring near my tummy

If my dog knows hes not happy about the baby as he keeps trying to jump all over me as he always did. Hes in for a shock

Yep, they know. They smell the change in your hormones very early and then later they (cats anyway) can feel the baby moving when they lie in your lap against the bump.

We have two cats, one of whom is really NOT a lap cat at all, but during the 2ww she started curling up in my lap all the time. The other one has always been clingy but now he is even worse and will cuddle up to and even straddle the bump. If he gets kicked he just looks up at me as if to say "Can I cuddle it when it comes out?"

Maybe they are sensing something is different, not wrong. More a protective behavior.

As for myself, our cats litter box drove me crazy with all smells. I mean it was cleaned *hubby does it!* But, could not stand it in 1st trimester.

One of my cats gets in bed with me for early morning cuddles... last two days she's licked the bump!!

I have 3 yorkies and i dont think they have a clue lol, I feel like i need blockers around my belly so they dont jump on me lol

my dogs have smelled and licked my belly. Cats are no different though. But the dogs seem slightly different . Imfact one point at the beginning they looked scared of me!

and in saying all this one of my clingy cats has walked in and is now near on top of me and looling attention lol

I think my cat is way more receptive and aware of what's going on than my dog is.

Feels good to be loved :cloud9:

My anti-social cat now ONLY sits on me...and cuddles. I keep saying to DH "Who is this cat, and what have you done with Emma?!?" :rofl: Oh and like your cat she meows a lot more too.

My other cat is just as lovey and my dog is still cute...but dumb as sticks! lol

I think the cats are fighting a lot more too though...just the scent in the air or something.

My dog curls up in my bed with me and has to be touching me when he sleeps if i move away he will move closer...he rests his head on my belly and is so pretective...he was a very loving dog anyway bu tnow he is just toooo adorable...luv it!!x

Yeah my two cats are so clingy to me and my male cat has never been clingy before!
Jemima (my other cat) is not satisified at night unless she is next to me in bed and at the moment, as I've got a cold, she wont leave me alone.

Yeah my two cats are so clingy to me and my male cat has never been clingy before!
Jemima (my other cat) is not satisified at night unless she is next to me in bed and at the moment, as I've got a cold, she wont leave me alone.

Ha, our female cat is called Jemima too :)

my girl cat, annie, is crankier with our boy cat, pippy. and he is mor of a pest than usual. I have no idea if it's just the time of the year, or Bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->