To all softcup users...

Mrs.E

1 princess & yellow bump!
Reaction score
Thinking of using soft cups but wandered when you put then in are you *tmi qu!* 'scooping' all the little swimmers in, as would hate to be putting up a barrier to half of them!. also do any of you ladies use them more than once? though it may be ok to do after washing? they are v pricey otherwise!. I have a mooncup been kinda using for similar purpose but like the fact these sit closer to cervix. Do thse hurt at all to insert? Please reply if you can help :) thanks!

I use softcups! I never reuse tho .... I'd be worried about introducing infection. I find them easy to use and remove. I'm not sure about creating a barrier but there should be at least half of them already by the cervix - the cups would just help prevent those spermies from falling back out as soon as you get up!

I must admit ... The lack of "wet patch" a few minutes after finishing the BD, is a distinct advantage! ;)

GL Hun!

I have used them this past cycle, tmi, we are really quick to get up and clean up after, because of having a 3 year old that could walk in at any min. So while DH is cleaning himself up I just slip one in. I have never really thought that we might block out some but honestly the majority of them are up there anyways. We normally BD at night so it is really easy just for me to fall asleep with it in and when I go potty the next morning taking it out then.

I use softcups! I never reuse tho .... I'd be worried about introducing infection. I find them easy to use and remove. I'm not sure about creating a barrier but there should be at least half of them already by the cervix - the cups would just help prevent those spermies from falling back out as soon as you get up!

I must admit ... The lack of "wet patch" a few minutes after finishing the BD, is a distinct advantage! ;)

GL Hun!

Exactly ^WSS! It´s my second cycle with softcups and I really like them. I pop in some Conceive+ too before inserting. Waiting for it all to work... :coffee:

Thinking of using soft cups but wandered when you put then in are you *tmi qu!* 'scooping' all the little swimmers in, as would hate to be putting up a barrier to half of them!. also do any of you ladies use them more than once? though it may be ok to do after washing? they are v pricey otherwise!. I have a mooncup been kinda using for similar purpose but like the fact these sit closer to cervix. Do thse hurt at all to insert? Please reply if you can help :) thanks!
Hi there, I used a Softcup for the first time a few nights ago and I'm not sure if I will use them again. I think they work best if you put one in straight after BD and don't get out of bed until the morning. If you do get up, the semen collects in the plastic softcup and I don't know how quickly it can drip back onto your cervix when you lie down again. I definitely wouldn't wash and re-use because the last thing you want is an infection up there:-(
They don't hurt to insert but I worried about getting it out again....I'm a wimp when it comes to things like that. Thankfully it was ok to remove, though I didn't leave it in all night.
GL :baby:

I wash and reuse. I have a mooncup for AF too. My theory is if I can wash and reuse that without a problem I can a softcup. Reuse maybe 3 times. Wash it and dry it with clean tissue or air dry. As long as my hands are clean introducing an infection is unlikely. No greater risk than using the mooncup.

I insert straight after bding and try to scoop.

I use them, have for almost 6 months now. No you don't reuse them. They aren't expensive so I don't even see a reason why you'd reuse them. They don't hurt to put in and aren't hard to put in. It will take a few tries to get it just right but its not difficult. They don't put any kind of barrier up as sperm is where it needs to be almost immediately. Whatever comes out after is bad sperm and semen. Nothing to worry about.

You will probably have some left over in the cup when you take it out, again its semen and bad sperm. You should put them in right after BD before you get up. Thats the best time to do so.

It all adds up and I don't like the waste. But each to there own. I'm perfectly happy to reuse a couple of times.

Mrs E - the softcups are much easier to take in/our than the mooncup. The problem with mooncup is it sits too low and it too deep for TTC purposes (but brill for AF). I add a little conceive plus to the softcup so the sperm have a good environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->