To anyone who took antibiotics several times since birth

Daisy_Delayne

Reaction score
Have you been experiencing more infections than normal since then? I had mastitis, two infections from my c-section incision and something else that I can't recall, and I took antibiotics for all of them. Since then I've had several sinus infections, skin infections, boils, infected hang nails, etc (I didn't take antibiotics for any of those). It seems like my immune system is just sh*t now, and I was so healthy before. My doc brushed me off and said, "Breastfeeding lowers your immune system," but all the literature I've found says the opposite. I'm just wondering if all the antibiotics have messed up my immune system, and if that's the case I wonder if it's permanent. BTW I take prenatals, eat lots of fruits and veggies, exercise and get a decent amount of sleep. Thanks so much for any input! This is really affecting my life in a negative way :(

I've never really thought about it, but yes I've had more infections since the first dose of antibiotics I had after the birth for mastitis. In the last year since then, I've been on 3 more lots of antibiotics for wisdom tooth infections and abscess. My wisdom teeth have been bothering me on and off for years, but since I gave birth they've been worse, and it's the first time I've had to take antibiotics for them.

I've never heard about breastfeeding lowering an immune system. Maybe it's more to do with feeling run down and tired looking after a baby.

I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->