To anyone worried about supply...

ttc126

Mom of Boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been bf for 4 months now and have had lots of hurdles. But the latest was my supply decreased a ton when my period started a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to share what's worked for me in hopes it might help someone else...

1. Mother's milk tea - I've been drinking this from day 1 and think it works great. It increases supply a tiny bit, but doesn't have huge results. Drink 5 cups a day for max benefits.

2. More milk plus tincture - this took 48 hours to work, but it has made a huge difference! The taste is horrible but it's worth it. I took it 4x a day for the 1st 2 days but now am doing one a day.

3. Gatorade - wow! Wow! This has hugely increased my supply. Along with the more milk plus, i have been pumping 10oz more a day than i was even 3 days ago.

With these three things, I've gone from barely satisfying lo to doing all feeds plus pumping 10oz a day :) I hope this can help anyone who is struggling!

Thanks! I have struggled with my supply since day 4 when I had to supplement with formula. I have just started the mothers milk tea and also drinking non alcoholic beer. Never heard that Gatorade is good or the more milk plus. Is that a pill?

The more milk plus is drops. It comes from motherlove. They have a website or can be found in health food stores. I didn't know about Gatorade either but it works so well! Maybe it's because it's tough for me to stay hydrated but it really works. I'm sorry you've had struggles. I can definitely sympathize. I have gone back and forth from bottles several times as well as transitioned from a nipple shield. What helped me most was realizing that everything will be ok. If you have to supplement, you have to supplement. The only important thing is that baby is loved and cared for.

Big hug! Hope you get results from trying these tips :)

Thanks!

I just got bigger breast shields so I hope that will help with pumping.

I agree that if I have to supplement than I just have to. I think I come to terms with that and then I have another breakdown. I'm going to try the Gatorade and the drops if I can find them and hope for the best!

I've been lurking on this thread because I'm not producing as much as I'd like to for pumping. I'd rather not deal with artificial colors, though it seems like lots of women like sports drinks like Gatorade. Maybe we can make our own? salt, sugar, fruit juice--shouldn't that work?
I can only pump 1-1.5 ounces at a time, and only in the morning. It's hard because my supply also goes down throughout the day and when I pumped last evening nothing came out and I was so frustrated, I almost cried. I'm really glad I don't have to go back to work right away because there's no way I could pump for a whole workday.

I think we can definitely make our own electrolyte drinks :)

But I actually love Gatorade so I think I'll have some from time to time!

My lactation consultant said coconut water is nature's Gatorade :) so i do drink that as well but Gatorade made a big improvement where coconut water did not for me.

It is normal for supply to be lower in the evening. I usually take my drops then. When I've had a really big drop in pumping i will make sure to pump between 1&4 am. That sometimes boosts things a little.

Hang in there ladies. It's so tough and I've been the mom sitting there crying over my supply... it does get better.

Hi everyone! I've been bf for 4 months now and have had lots of hurdles. But the latest was my supply decreased a ton when my period started a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to share what's worked for me in hopes it might help someone else...

1. Mother's milk tea - I've been drinking this from day 1 and think it works great. It increases supply a tiny bit, but doesn't have huge results. Drink 5 cups a day for max benefits.

2. More milk plus tincture - this took 48 hours to work, but it has made a huge difference! The taste is horrible but it's worth it. I took it 4x a day for the 1st 2 days but now am doing one a day.

3. Gatorade - wow! Wow! This has hugely increased my supply. Along with the more milk plus, i have been pumping 10oz more a day than i was even 3 days ago.

With these three things, I've gone from barely satisfying lo to doing all feeds plus pumping 10oz a day :) I hope this can help anyone who is struggling!

Just curious how much Gatorade you drink in a day.

I've been drinking one of those 20oz bottles a day right before i pump at night. I've noticed if i drink it in the morning i get too full and by afternoon I'm low again.

Hi :) do you know if these things might work to re establish a supply?

If you are having hydration issues you can also look into soaking Chia seeds in water and drinking them. This works wonders for hydration levels as the Chia soaks up the water and then slowly releases it back into your body throughout digestion so that your body uses your water intake more efficiently.

My mom likes to double up in summer and soaks her chia in Gatorade. It's used for multiple health benefits so I don't see how it would be any different for helping with supply.

I did use some of these tips (not the more milk plus drops) to establish a supply after i was hospitalized 3 weeks postpartum for a hemorrhage.i ended up being unable to bf for a week which greatly affected supply. I did the tea and Gatorade, as well as eating almonds, chicken soup with rice, and malt o meal. I was able to re establish my supply and even though other hiccups I've been able to get it back up to par with Gatorade and the mother milk tea. The drops worked much faster than the tea and i felt i needed something "stronger" for this last dip because it was a horrible decrease during af.

I do think these are all worth trying and if they don't work, there's no harm done :)

Ninagrrl, the Chia seeds are a great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->