To anyone WTT on BCP some advice...

mlyn26

Mummy to Isaac & Jasmine
Reaction score
GET OFF IT!!!

I came off Yasmin in October 2008 and only had my first normal cycle in February 2010!!!

I had no period at all from Dec 2008 until Aug 2009, then 4 month cycle with period in dec, then 39 days then in feb i got preg (although sadly miscarried 2 weeks ago) and that would have been my first normal cycle at 31-32 days.

Plus a cause of MC is hormonal - irregular periods and the pill takes ages to regulate them in a lot of cases.

If you can, switch to condoms instead while you continue to WTT and get those cycles regulated. x

I had some problems with my cycle as well when I came off the BCP. It took about a year for my periods to get back to normal, before then i had 60+ day cycles. I was on Microgynon.

Its horrible when you have geared yourself up for trying but then cant anyway coz your cycles are messed. If i could turn the clocks back i'd have come off BCP a full yr before i planned to TTC. X

Good advice Mlyn, i totally agree with u x

Definitely agree! I came off my BCP (dianette) two years ago and have never looked back. I won't go on it or any other kind again I think (tough DH, use condoms! lol)

Basically dianette can cause birth defects especially in boys and I just couldn't risk it still being in my system so I came off asap and my cycles are pretty darn regular now but it took about 12mths :)

Take care all,
Dinah

yuck! I HATED birth control pills. I was only on them for four months before I decided to get on them because I hated the way they made me feel. I had two regular cycles but these last two cycles were so messed up it's not even funny. I dont' think I'm ovulating anymore and it scares the crap out of me!

seconded!
I came off microgynon in february and had a 45 day cycle....this cycle is also gearing up to be a long one too and we want to start TTC in June.
I don't think I will ever go back on bcp

I came off birth control in January to prepare to try in July. I seem to be one of the lucky ones because at least I am having normal-length cycles and ovulating (from temperature rise). My three cycles so far have been 27 days, 21 days, and 26 days.

BUT: the first 2 cycles I had almost no EWCM (third cycle was better) and all three cycles I've had spotting a few days before my period. Neither of which is good for ttc. Something to think about even if you're convinced you'll be regular when you get off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->