To call..or not to call...?

rootinblue

Reaction score
Have you called your hospital or midwife just to be told "wait it out/when it happens you'll know."? Or have you shown up to the hospital only to be sent home? I don't want to waste any ones time or drag my toddler out in the cold for nothing. :( Also don't want to feel foolish.

Yesterday I was 4cm dilated and had cramping/BH since midnight. Today cramping and contractions have continued all day. Lost mucous plug at 11:30am and more at 9pm. I've had about 5-7 contractions per hour but nothing unbearable.

It's 11pm here and hubby leaves for work an hour and a half away at 4:30am. I'll be left alone with a toddler and my hospital bag. :(

Have you called your hospital or midwife just to be told "wait it out/when it happens you'll know."? Or have you shown up to the hospital only to be sent home? I don't want to waste any ones time or drag my toddler out in the cold for nothing. :( Also don't want to feel foolish.

Yesterday I was 4cm dilated and had cramping/BH since midnight. Today cramping and contractions have continued all day. Lost mucous plug at 11:30am and more at 9pm. I've had about 5-7 contractions per hour but nothing unbearable.

It's 11pm here and hubby leaves for work an hour and a half away at 4:30am. I'll be left alone with a toddler and my hospital bag. :(

It's probably worth calling to explain your situation hun and what's happening to you. They may advise you to just wait it out but they might ask you to go in? At least you can notify hubby and get him to stay at home if need be
xxx

With dd2 I woke up with the worst pressure and pain in my vagina, hips , low back and pelvis. I just KNEW it was time. I went in to the hospital only to have them tell me im not dilated enough nor were my contractions close enough. They gave me two options....stay in the hospital and walk the halls or go home take a bath a nap and eat something! ? I chose to go home as I was in too much pain. They gave me a pill. And I went home took a bath and was back within 2 hours in active labor. Remembering that pain......and it hurts!

With my first pregnancy I was induced and didn't feel any contractions until doc broke my water at 8cm, then had my baby 15 minutes later. This whole timing contractions is no fun. :dohh: So far looks like 8-15 minutes apart but not much pain. Guess I'll try to sleep for an hour and call then. Thanks for the response. :)

Yw :) my first was induced as well was the same for me.... no pain til they broke my water. But with dd2 there was no mistaking it. When you are pushing yourself up off the bed because it hurts too bad to sit with so much pressure you feel like a bowling ball is being ripped out of you there is NO mistaking that! I hope things progress quickly for you :)

I ended up calling at 4am right before hubby was waking up. They advised me to come in to the hospital at 4:15. We arrived at 5:30am since we took a while to get ready and wake toddler. I was 5cm so they have admitted me. It is now 8am and having contractions 5mins apart. :)

I was just going to say usually they admit you at 5cm or more, well they do here anyway :)

So exciting. Looking forward to your update :)

I ended up calling at 4am right before hubby was waking up. They advised me to come in to the hospital at 4:15. We arrived at 5:30am since we took a while to get ready and wake toddler. I was 5cm so they have admitted me. It is now 8am and having contractions 5mins apart. :)

Oh awesome! :) hoping everything is going great! Leery is know how you are doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->