To get a Moses basket or not?

mummy_vic

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are bothering with a Moses basket. I have a crib for by my bed but can't decide whether to get a Moses basket for downstairs?

I have... but only because I was given one for free and I figured for the price of a new mattress it might be handy.

I do know some people just use the pram section if they buy a travel system for somewhere to put baby down for a kip when downstairs. I like that the moses basket has a rocker stand, though. Hoping that makes soothing for nap time a little easier (she said optimistically :winkwink:)

I wouldn't bother. A lot of people I know have bought them only for their babies to grow out of them quickly. Some as young as 6 weeks old! I have a crib and she sleeps in her pram carrycot. It's on wheels of course so I can push it back and forth to help her sleep :)

I brought one, and I can't wait to use it. I don't have a crib and have really little space, so the Moses basket gives me a few more weeks to make room. Also you can just sell it when baby has outgrown it anyway.

We use the pram top from our travel system. Bouncers are also good for sleeping in. If you don't have either, then get a moses basket but don't expect it to last for very long.

We bought a moses basket for next to our bed and a swing for downstairs. There's also a travel system and play mat for him, so we'll just use whatever we feel is right at the time. X

I found the moses basket very handy last time as you can carry the basket from one room to another without waking baby, so we will use one again :)

Hmmm I think will see if I can get a bargain one in the sales. We had one given for our first two and it lasted about 3 months, stupidly I gave it away but kept the stand! I liked that they were easy to move but they don't last long at all. Wouldn't want to spend over £20 on one.

We used a Moses basket with ds in our bedroom and will be using it with this little guy too. Ds1 loved it and slept very well in it so I'm hoping for the same results this time round :) we got a rocking stand and that was soothing when he'd get fussy. It's certainly not a necessity but if you can get one on sale or a hand me down it might be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->