To my mates...

Josephs_Daddy

Joseph - born 27+5
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been a bit distant these last few months. I just read through my old posts and on a number of occasions saw a lot of people trying to start conversation with me which I never replied to. (atomicpink, foogirl, marley...) to name a few.

Sorry!!!! I am here and would love to hear from you again :winkwink:

I've been in and out too. But I think we're caught up now. It must be a struggle coping with Joseph's blindness. As much as we can all look on the positives of how well they are doing, we just can't help the occasional darkness that descends us about how unfair it all is, not just for them but for us. It took me a long time to get my head around Abby's diagnosis of cerebral palsy and what it means for all of us. Along with the anger I admit there was a bit of self pity there too. It still creeps back from time to time and I have to give myself a good talking to, but I think we're on a positive climb now.

The thing I find most difficult is that we have to fight for any bloody thing that she needs, even down to a proper chair for her to sit at nursery. Are you finding the same?

Anyways, sorry for the rant! Glad to hear you are all doing ok. Again, sorry about the breakdown of your relationship, it is a tough time for all. Are you at least able to be on good terms with Joseph's mummy?

Nice to see you back.

Your LO sounds absolutely amazing. They're tough cookies, these kids!

Joseph is only at playgroups at the moment, so not really had any experience or struggles fighting for things just yet.

Me and Josephs Mummy talk, civil, for the baby's sake but that's about it.

I have a new partner....:blush:

lol, but that's ok. I don't suppose anyone expected you to live like a monk!

Being able to be civil is great. Nothing worse than having to deal with all this, and not being able to work together for the sake of Joseph. Hopefully once the pain heals, the civility will develop back to friendship. I've never been in the situation of having a child involved, but I've always taken the view that, if I loved someone once, no matter what's gone on in between, there was something good about that person. Once the "relationship" stuff goes wrong, that thing that made me want that person I my life must still be there. Just because I (or they) weren't able to make a relationship work, that doesn't mean friendship is off the table. I've remained friends with pretty much all of my exes, even with some brutal break ups (including the guy who split with me by leaving a message on my answer phone!)

Answerphone? Wow!

I kinda agree. Me and Stacey were best friends for nearly 7 years. I know that'll never happen again but she's a good person (regardless of how much it hurt when we split, and the circumstances) and a brilliant mother.

So maybe one day we'll be friends again.

It's great to be back on here!!!

:hugs: :hugs: don't worry, we know how u r now! :hugs: such a tough road.

Foo you're so right, and you've no doubt witnessed my high hopes and my low times and I still need to give myself a slap :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->