Toast?????

Louisaxx

Reaction score
At the moment Poppy is on three meals a day, all of them pureed by my own fair hands!!:haha: In the morning she has weetabix with mashed banana and a bit of full fat milk, the odd few days I have given her toast but I find it so stressful.
She loves it and sucks the life out of it but as soon as it gets to the stage where she can actually put bits in her mouth I panic and take it off her and give her another bit. She has started getting upset about this now as I think she wants to just get on with it :laugh2:but I am so scared of her choking.
Any reassurance that this won't happen or words of advice would be most appreciated!!!! Thanks girls! She's seven months by the way x

She'll be absolutely fine with toast at 7 months. If by some miracle a sucked piece of toast does get lodged she'll soon bring it up. Don't panic, just know what to do if she does choke (still unlikely though)

I give my LO toast and he is nearly 7 months. He loves it and sucks it so much that its easy to swallow. I panicked at first about him choking too but my mum told me to relax and said he might gag at first but its highly unlikely he will choke and she was right!

I can totally relate, when i first gave ellis some toast she bit a huge bit off and i grabbed her and fished it out because i was so scared. I realised i'd probably scared ellis more by doing that though and unless i thought that it was socially acceptable for her to eat pureed food for the rest of her life i'd have to trust her...
Your little one already sucks the life out of the bread so it'll be all mushy anyway. I've noticed that ellis is super efficient if anything big gets stuck at gagging and bringing it back up to give it another good chew.
This is just one of many heart in mouth moments for mum, you have to sit back and let baby learn and be ready if you're needed-but we've all been through it xx

Lol, that's what I keep telling myself, she can't be on purees for the rest of her life!!! Keep imagining her at her 18th party eating pureed birthday cake!!!!!xx
Glad I'm not the only one though, thanks girls, feel more confident already xx

so i know this will sound stupid, but how do you give toast? do you just give pieces that they can hold and let them suck at it? do you put anything on it? stick to white bread?? sorry i know these are silly questions!! x

I havent tried toast with summer yet but its a very good idea that i want to start giving a go along side other finger foods! I tried her with a rice cracker (baby one ofc) the other day and she seemed to really like it, sucking away on it and really got into it until half it broke off in her mouth, i wasnt sure what to do at first, i hoped it would dissolve enough and go down ok and she seemed fine for a minute then started choking on it, i just panicked as i have no idea what to do if someone chokes but smack them on the back so thats what i did, i pulled her out of her seat and put a hand on her chest and hit in her at the top of her back about 3 times and she was sick..

Not sure if thats the correct way but it worked and she didnt even cry after it so she was fine thank god, i was more traumatised than her!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->