Today's 7 year old?

My 7 year old is nothing like that what so ever. Unfortunately I think its down to the parents and if thats the way they want their child to go, then its going to happen. I don't like clothes shopping for her anymore because for some reason, once they hit 6, its all smaller versions of adult clothes, which i dont' like. The only high healed shoes she owns are some sparkly pink ones that she uses for dressing up as a fairy or princess. Although dressing up as a pirate is much better in her eyes. My daughter loves to play with things like playmobil, finger skateboards and dolls. She doesn't own a phone, although she has asked for one and i've explained that she is too young for one. I do have a friend however who will be getting her 7 year old an iphone when she can stop losing her mobile phones :/ this shocked me as i just think 7 is way too young for a phone, let alone something like an iphone. My daughter doesn't watch any music channels, so no music videos. I don't like the way that the women are shown on them, the way they dance etc, or the music to be honest. My daughter loves rock/metal music :) which i'm more than happy about.
So don't worry, not all 7 year olds are like that, as long as its not something you want for your child, it wont happen :)

Oh no :( Can identify with op so much, my wee girl is only 3 months but it terrifies me the way people let their daughters go about! Bodycon skirts so short you can see their bums, in primary school! Fake tan and extensions and their hair fried to the point of falling out with bleach! Cringe! I'm going to be horrendously overprotective with her I think, my son is so much easier!

My 7 year old comes in from school, gets her normal clothes on and puts make up on. I figured it's harming no one letting her play with it at home.
No mobile or CDs/music though and I'm sure she pretends she's putting peppa pig on for just dd2 haha xx

My daughter is 7. She likes to paint her nails and loves pop music and will sing along to the radio and ask for songs on youtube etc

She is 100% NOT spoiled and I will not allow her to be ungrateful.

It's all about the parenting IMO.

I have a 5 year old daughter who can remember songs and sing them right back to you. She loves to sing!!! I also paint her toe nails and finger nails when she wants them done if I have time or if I'm doing mine I will ask her. She does have fake makeup he only puts on when she's playing dress up but I don't let her leave the house like that. And every now and then if she walks in when I'm doing my make up I will put a little nude glitter eyeshadow on her. She got her ears pierced for her 3rd birthday. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. And she's very respectful, polite, and doesn't act like a spoiled brat. She can be a bit dramatic at times over simple little things but that's a girl.
Personally I always wanted a little girl I could do those things with.

All the girls in my 7yo daughters class are lovely and still very much children.I hope it stays that way for a few more years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->