Toddler "cantering"

A_Z

Reaction score
My 18mo is a strong walker and pretty good runner. Recently, she's starting running with a funny gait that I can best describe as a canter, where she always leads with one foot and there's a bit of a syncopated rhythm. She still runs normally sometimes, but does the cantering a lot.

She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable at all, and I suspect she's just enjoying playing around, but wanted to check and see if anyone else's toddler has ever done anything like this.

Thanks!

Hehe! Its so adorable when they do that! DD1 used to do that, its actually a pretty effective energy saving movement! I think I could canter at some speed for much longer than I could running if I didn't look like a loon!
DD1 used to start off walking and then she would do this exaggerated limp which made strangers look at me sympathetically, and then she would gallop off like she was riding some invisible pony. Adorable. She grew out of it sadly.

:haha: ladies!

I'd imagine she's probably just playing aswell. My 20 month old walks around on tiptoes, on her heels and she stomps her feet with her legs wide open, just for the fun of it really.

I used to do this for hours with my cousin in the garden usually with skipping ropes in our mouths ha ha.
Ds does something similar to your lo and he's a year older.
Xx

Holly does this sometimes. I think they just like to experiment with different things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->