Toddler & newborn -which pram ?

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm looking to decide which pram we'll be buying in a few months. My favourite atm is phil & teds vibe V2, with the doubles kit etc. I'm worried as it's a big purchase, I want to know that I'm getting the right one and also want to look at other options before we decide. What are your choices, if you've decided yet?

We were given a graco tandem free so will be using that if necessary. Really though, I plan to wear baby and continue using my symbio for our toddler who will be 2 (just!) and hopefully not really need the buggy much.

I'm not a fan of P&T, or any of them really where the baby is in the shopping basket, at car exhaust height - just my opinion

Ok fair enough. I don't want the babies side by side, and I don't want something thats permanently a double either, so I think this is my best option. x

Im looking at the Baby Jogger City Select as the seat are BOTH full sized seats (my top pick)

https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx website showing buggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeMgSm-xe0

I was also looking at the Britex B-Ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qeNTjNoEwE&feature=relmfu

https://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-ready-configurations website showing buggy

I also LOVE the Jane but it doesnt not do near as much as the Baby Jogger City Select.
https://www.janepowertwin.org.uk/

I youtube EVERYTHING and see how real people find the buggys. :D

Thanks for those. I'm interested in the city select as well now! I think I'll ask hubby to take a look at that with me. x x

I prefer side by side, i don't know why but i hate seeing one child behind with a view of the back of a seat, hehe!
Im going to be getting a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. They are really slim compared to a lot of side by sides and i love the fact that i can get a carry cot to go on one of the seats for the first couple of months.
I did think that maybe i wouldn't need a double as my LO will have just turned 2 but after reading a lot of threads on it i have decided i better get one for longer journeys etc.

I have a Phil n Teds explorer currently as a single but have the doubles kit too. My baby is due when LO is just past 2 so at least I can use the double seat for a few months and convert back to a single when needed. It's gonna save me having to buy a fixed double that I may only use for a few months.

I also couldn't fit a "fixed " double in my car boot lol! In my opinion it's a good buggy, easy to push though a little heavy x

Ill have a 2 and 3 year old when this baby is born...i fully intend on using a single pram imho unless a child is really grumpy about walking anywhere then they should walk, its good for them. i have a buggy in the back of my car and its used maybe once a month if that my lads have literally just turned 2+3.

I think i like side by side aswell! ive been looking at the mountain buggy double with one side a chair and the other side is a carrycot! Its really pricey though so im going to weigh up my options! i want the newborn to be able to lay down! the only thing about other doubles is that they are really wide but the mountain buggy isnt!!!

x

My top choices are the Baby Jogger City Select and the Britax B-ready. I don't want side-by-side, but if I did, I would probably go with the the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. Totally a matter of personal preference.

i love the fact that the pram i have at the moment i can have my DD facing me or facing out do i am think of the Bbay Jogger city select, the icandy pear or peach, and i like the bugaboo donkey (but dont like it as a slingle pram) my DD will be 21mths when LO arrives so not sure will be looking after xmas though!!

xx

Ill have a 2 and 3 year old when this baby is born...i fully intend on using a single pram imho unless a child is really grumpy about walking anywhere then they should walk, its good for them. i have a buggy in the back of my car and its used maybe once a month if that my lads have literally just turned 2+3.

I probably would agree with you if i also had a car.
But i don't...and we literally walk everywhere, haha. I have a single pram which i will use for shorter journeys to the park etc but i walk to the supermarket a couple of miles away twice a week and i personally would not expect my 2 year old to be able to walk 4 miles all in one trot without it taking up half my day! :haha:

I bought the Baby Jogger City Select last year with the intention of using it for DD only but convert it into a double if I will ever need to. And once DD thinks she's too big for the stroller, I could convert it back to the single and use it with LO only. Unfortunately, you cannot do that with a fixed double stroller i.e. side by side. My sister has a double side by side stroller and I always saw her struggling to get in and out of old elevators, or when putting it in her car. So when I saw the City Select, I thought it was perfect as I am not stuck with a double all the time! I never used the stroller in the snow but heard great things about it never having any trouble with almost 80 lbs of two babies.

I only bought one seat at the time and I plan to wait until LO is here to decide if I should buy another seat as DD may not be interested in sitting in a stroller anymore by the time she's 3 1/2. Till then LO will be too small to sit in the seat anyways, so I intend to carry him/her in my heart2heart baby sling.

Overall, I have been very happy with the purchase and would absolutely recommend it to anyone wanting a double with the option of turning it into a single on a whim. The only down part of this stroller was that you have to pay extra for ALL the accessories including the front tray! Some other more expensive strollers come with those accessories so the prices end up becoming very close to eachother once you add up the extras.

Hope this helps....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->