Toddler or Twin Bed?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
DS1 is almost 2 and a half and he currently sleeps in his old cot which has been changed into a toddler bed. We are about to move house and are finally going to be moving his little brother (7 months) into his own room so we need the cot back. That means we are looking to get DS1 a new bed but I don't know whether to get a twin bed or a toddler one? Money wise it makes more sense to get a twin as it will last far longer than a toddler bed. He doesn't ever fall out of his bed and I suppose if I was worried about hat happening I could get one of those bed guards. He is still little though so maybe a toddler bed is just all round better for him. I dont know! Thoughts?

What age did your kids get a twin bed? Did you bother with a toddler bed?

My DS went from a cot to cot bed (toddler bed) and then when his sister was due he went into a normal sized single (he was 18 months) never had a problem with it

DD she hated her cot, hated the toddler bed even more and would only sleep in the spare room King bed so that is the bed she has now she is 3 :dohh: hey as long as she sleeps all good

I would go with the twin bed (which I assume is a standard size single bed) and then choose some fun bedding if you are worried you can use a bed guard for him but I am sure he would be just fine :thumbup:

I never used a crib or a toddler bed. We initially bed-shared. My kids didn't have their own bed until 3, but we went straight to a twin.

Toddlers can use a twin just fine. So, if you don't want to bother with extra cost and extra transitions, I would just stick to a twin.

Edit: And if you're concerned about the height of it just put the mattress on the floor. Violet has had a bed frame, but recently, she asked for her mattress to be put directly on the floor. So, we took the frame apart for storage and her mattress is on the floor. She is 6. My son, on the other hand, just turned 4 and does just fine with a bed in a frame and his is higher than hers was.

Neither of my kids had a toddler bed. DS was in a single at 2.5 (though he mostly slept with me haha) and DD at 18 months with no issues. :)

I didn't use a toddler bed. My dd went into a full size bed at 18 months. I just had to put a stool beside the bed so she could get on it by herself, and she did fine.

My daughter went from bed sharing with me into a toddler bed next to me when she was 3. She's now 6 and she still fits in that bed next to me. My son is still bed sharing with me.

My boys went to a twin bed by 2 and my 16 month old just started sleeping in her full bed a few nights now.i think you would be fine to switch to a twin.

Gracie is 3.5 and still in a cot bed, but I wouldn’t replace it with another toddler bed. She sleeps in a double when she stays at grandparents houses so we are just going to put a double in her room - her bedroom is quite big and it has no furniture or toys (built in wardrobe and a book case and a beanbag are all she has, everything else is in play room)

She got the sides off her cot at 15 months so we used a mesh bed rail until she was about 2. She never once fell out her bed. I don’t think toddler beds are worth the money and if we didn’t have a convertible cot bed she would have gone straight into a standard double at 15m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->