Toddler Tantrums

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
DD is now 3 1/2 and she is still going through the terrible twos. When shes good shes an angel but when shes going off on one shes a nightmare. Normally shes not too bad, but this past week she's been an absolute horror.

Thinking about it it started just after I had to stay late @ work & I am wondering if its made her insecure but OH reckons shes just being naughty.

Past week @ bedtime she wants more cuddles, so instead of the usual story, cuddles piggy on, wait for daddy, cuddles piggy on then sleep, we know have her shouting while I settle DS wanting more cuddles, then piggy on. Well tonight I said she couldn't have her pig on, a second time until daddy came down, and she then started shouting she wanted daddy to read a story. Told her if she got into bed and was quiet then that was OK. She procedded to have full on paddy on sons bedroom floor, then followed me downstairs having a paddy, then followed me upstairs still having a paddy, eventually 1 hour later we got her to bed.

Lunchtime she refused to eat her dinner, but when gave it to her bro to eat she went ballsitic. She ehnde up in bed. Took 1 hr for her to stop having a paddy then she went to sleep.

Monday iI couldn't pick her up from pre-school as I was trynig to sort DH insurance out, & normally its not a problem but this week again she was naughty. OH lifted her into car, and she started yelling she wanted to do it, so DH took her out of car, then she said she wanted him to put her in. Eventually got her into car, put then refused to have seat belt on. Normally home by 12 after school. By 1 o'clock Iwas worried and was just about to go look for them when OH arrived.

I'm really at my wits end with her & I'm @ work normally!

After tonights fiasco she won't be getting a story or her pig on for several nights, which will be hell, but not sure what else to do. When she is good again, she'll get story & pig.

Sorry this is long, the list could go on, after advice, any ideas what to do?
Thanks.

Sorry hun, not much advice as it sounds like you are doing everthing you can, to me it sounds like and attenion and independance thing
I'd just carry on ignoring her when she is in a full blown paddy, it might take a while but she will come to realise she is not getting whet she wants.

I know its frustrating and easier said than done as jack can strop and scream for England when he is that way out

So take heart that you are not alone :hugs:

dont really have much advice it is hard but hopefully jsut a phase. Just stick to your guns, when she has a tantru or has been naughty threaten her with soemthing and stick to it, she will soon learn!

What is having the piggy on btw I am intruiged lol

Its an animatronic pig that sings my girl.

Well for the past few nights she has gone to bad without a story and piggy, and has settled straight away without fuss. She did wake up crying on Saturday night, but that was 'cos her feet hurt. Probably had something to with her jumping from sons bunk bed ( ~ 3ft off the ground) onto flo but thats a whole other story:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->