Toe nail cutting tantrums!!!!

T

Tilly

It's almost impossible to cut Bethanie's toe nails, she has a major tantrum and won't do it. She is fine when my mum does it, but that must be because she is nanny - even so, I don't see her enough to keep Bethanie's nails really trimmed as they grow so quickly. I have tried when she is asleep, but she is a very light sleeper so even this isn't working.

At the moment she has little claws and I don't like them because I feel like people are looking and talking about me being a bad mum or something.

Anyone got any toenail tips?:(

Thanks

Dec doesnt like getting his cut either, the only thing that works for me is to get daddy or big brother Dan to entertain him while he is lying on the floor and then I get to work, usually works 90% of the time :happydance:
Sorry thats all I can think of. xx

I tend to find with my three that a biscuit usually does the trick. But I'm finding that as they get older that the competion between all of them 'who can make the least fuss' is becoming increasingly popular in our house!

I pick my moments - TV is quite a good distraction (bad mother bad mother bad mother bad mother LOL) - and get them in a vice-like grip and go as quick as I can.

They're not overly thrilled about it but I give them plenty of fuss when it's all done.

I should think the vice-like grip bit is probably a lot harder when they're Bethanie's age though.

Definitely Helen.. I used to be able to keep her still and do it quickly but now she is a pain, shes just too strong. Doesn't help when she kicks and tries to hit as well!

Anyway, 10 minutes after writing this post, I put clever mummy head on (lol) and took her doll's clothes off so she could see it's 'toenails', gave her baby nail clippers and asked "Can you clip your babys nails please?".. I did hers no problem, first time EVER and she sat there doing babys.

Thanks all

Top Tip Tilly! I shall remember that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back