tofu/soy

vkj73

Reaction score
when i was first ttc (3 years ago), the acupuncturist told me to stay away from tofu/soy, as they are "cold" foods.

at a recent appointment for ttc#2, the acupuncturist told me that tofu was ok, however, it needs to be cooked/warm.

i'm a vegetarian, so i really enjoy tofu/soy.

just wondering if anyone has every been told to avoid either/both.

My acupuncturist wants me to stay away from soy. I have been staying away from tofu, since it's soy based. She definitely wants me to only eat "warming" foods. Good luck!!

i was on a "warming foods" diet the first time around.
definitely trying to stick to that.

i also no longer drink soy lattes.

I gave up soy lattes, too. :(

Do you think the diet helped you to conceive with your first? We are TTC with our first.

I gave up soy lattes, too. :(

Do you think the diet helped you to conceive with your first? We are TTC with our first.

i definitely think all components helped:

diet, acupuncture, dance/yoga, cbfm

I just started seeing an acupuncturist and got the warm foods prescription. She didn't say anything about avoiding soy.

My understanding about soy and fertility, though, just from reading about good nutrition, is that it can block estrogen receptors and thus lower estrogen levels in the body. Probably not great for TTC, esp during the follicular phase of a cycle.

So I also love soy, but am trying to limit my intake to a few times a week.

I also try to choose tempeh over tofu, because fermented soy is healthier than non. I also avoid non organic soy, because if it's not certified, chances are that it's the genetically modified stuff.

In the soy poll thread I posted some links to soy effects with fertility. I don't thing the odd soy food product is bad but I certainly wouldn't be making it a regular part of my diet.

i just read this.

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/soy.html

i think i'll have a bit here and there during this early part of my cycle (cd5).
then as i approach ovulation and the tww, i will probably avoid it all together.

i just went to acupuncture yesterday.
since i think i'm going to ov in the next couple of days,
she said to avoid soy and coffee (even decaf). said the composition
of coffee is different than tea. so even the caffeine that's light in green/white
tea is better.

basically she said, if you think you should avoid it, you should.
now is the time to warm and nourish the body.
lots of beans/lentils, dark leafy greens and she recommend black sesame seeds on food.

good luck all!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"