toilet after...

teddyed12

Reaction score
so, i had a csection nearly a week ago now and i still havent had a poo yet? i am on 2 iron tablets a day which i know can stop you going to the loo as much. i told my midwife i had been but i actualy hadnt. my parents aare getting worried saying could get poisned and stuff, is that right? did anyone els go this long?:(

Hi hun..I didn't go for about 5 days. It got so uncomfortable for me though, that I had to go to doc to get stool softener and Something to make me go. You don't want to have to push it out...a stool softener will help. Good luck

Hi, I didn't go for about a week either. Every time the midwife came, my Dh would tell on me and say I hadn't been!! She told me to get some lactulose, and after a day of being on that, I went and was soooo relieved!!!!

After i had LO i was on fibogel and lactulose, no issues! its fabby stuff, the fibogel i couldnt really take much but the lactulose isnt so bad, its like very sugary oil (sounds horrible but just have a glass of water beside you for when you take it)
All the best! xxxx

Another vote for lactolose :thumbup: Should help you feel better

I think I went 3 or 3 full days after. It was very uncomfortable.

I had my c section on the Monday, went on the Friday. Most painful experience of my life. Wish I'd taken stool softeners :( x

I was given stool softeners and it help a lot. I even bought some for when I came home.

hey hun you need to eat foods that are really high in fibre like oats and nuts and pleanty of water... i suffer so bad with my bowels even when im not preganant but it is worse now as im taking iron... you could try liquid iron which isnt as harsh on your tummy also...and if you need a quick fix to help you go loo them try a laxative you can get liquid form and powder form they are grat the one i use is molaxol or lactulose... hope this helps xxx

I had c-section on sunday and went to loo on Friday, I was on iron meds too but pre-pregnancy I only ever had bowel movements around twice a week anyway. I went to the loo and basically got stuck on the loo and had to call the midwife from on the toilet as I had started but couldnt finish so to speak! Everything was stuck and painful. Then my OH had to go to the pharmacy and get glycerin suppositories and one of those very quickly did the trick within 20 mins! The midwife can give you laxatives too if you arent stuck in an emergency situation like mine!!

Question ladies, Is going to the toilet after a C-sec more painful than after a vaginal birth? I do not mean just to pee but to go number two? I always imagined pooing after a vaginal birth would be very sore :/

It took me 8 full days to finally go and now I can't stop going.. :wacko:
Definitely try taking a stool softener, my OB recommended colace and it worked wonders.

Shock can do this to a person, no matter what they go through. As well as pain medication. I didn't poo for 8 days after having a 36 hour labour, terrible birth, and episiotomy (no C section) and the straining popped all my stitches creating fresh red blood pouring out of the cut and infection, resulting in going back to hospital to be put on a drip. :(
Not fun, C section or not.

i vote for softeners! i didnt go til day 5 and i thought i was going to pass out, i had shooting pains in my head (weird i know) and the paid the other end was terrible, it gradually got better but now 6 months on still isnt back to normal!

I was given softeners without even asking when I was discharged 4 days PP. I found having the first wee more uncomfortable than number 2! I was also advised to help it be as uncomfortable as possible by drinking lots of water and foods that help move things along.

Do you need the iron tablets? I got so bunged up I determined that I would keep my iron up by eating like a carnivore alone.. if you have red meat enough it should be possible :)

Evil things

I had to use stool softeners for a couple months after my C-section. Early on it was due to not wanting to push and put pressure on the incision and later on it became an issue due to dehydration due to breastfeeding.

Stool softeners are a must-have.

I pooped after three days, I was dying for a poop earlier but I was to afraid to go... pushing was horrible, I felt like my scar was going to burst open, I actually had to sit on the toilet and I put my hands over my scar and kinda put a bit of pressure on it (felt like I was "holding" my insides in- haha )...Really helped actually!

dont worry, after the first painful poop, ull be fine :)

I finally went a few days after having my daughter and it was worse than the c-section pain! I tried stool softeners and it didn't help me but I was so happy when it was over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->