• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toilet learning/ potty training

charlie15

Reaction score
Hi, I have a daughter who is now 2 years 4 months old. We use cloth nappies and I am just beginning to think about toilet training.

Firstly I was wondering if anyone could recommend cloth training pants to me. Also are they actually worth using or is bare bottomed or knickers better?

I am not really keen to go down potty training in an intense way but more just take it slowly. I was just wondering if anyone could share how they wen about this transition? We have a toddler toilet seat and potty which is always out. My daughter comes in when we go the loo. She is very chatty and totally able to express herself. I am just not sure when to start with this! Tia

I'd say underwear is better. We have 4 pair training pants he wears at night when they are clean (even though he's been dry at night for months and months) and he wears underwear other nights...But for us, not a necessity at all.

:wave: charlie, how are you? :hugs:
we didn't use cloth nappies so I can't help you on that one, but I wanted to share our experience anyway. I think we first started trying when G was around S's age but we took it very slowly and just asked him from time to time if he wanted to use the potty. i can't remember when was the first time he did, probably about 2 1/2? he then had a few nappy free days, but they always ended in an accident. he was very often dry at night so on those days I'd take him to the potty in the morning and he'd have a wee. i'd also ask him to have a wee before bath time. but none of this was proper potty training, as I didn't think he was ready yet. then in nov/dec last year (so 1-2 months before his 3rd birthday) he started to be more interested: asked questions, wanted pants, even took himself to the toilet a couple of times etc. so I asked him if he wanted to be without nappy and he said yes. I told him we had to wait a couple of days because we didn't have any pants, and that was it! he must have had just a handful of accidents :thumbup:
so to be honest, I don't think I did anything, I just waited for him to tell me he was ready!

Thanks Kosh, sounds like th gentle kind of approach I want to take with Sophia. I actually started " going to the loo" with S before bath time last week and today she did her first wee on the loo!! She was rather happy with herself! So I think we'll carry on doing that and then I may at some point introduce morning loo like you did and just get into a habit of using the loo at those times and we'll see where we go from there.

I am good thanks, how are you? How work? Better I hope! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->