Toilety question for those with boys

Bix

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
Just out of interest, when did you start teaching your son to pee standing up?

(Have also posted in Toddler section, but then thought it might be better here as more of you will have reached this stage, (and beyond) :)

I was wondering this the other day. My son just turned 3 and still sits. Part of it is he is not circd, and his foreskin tends to point to the side at first. I will wait until the is old enough to make sure it is going to head in the right direction.:haha:

Any other Mama's out there with recommendations?

Can't remember the age but we bought some bouncy balls and put them in the toilet and he could aim at them, worked a treat!

My son has been doing this for months now. He first started toilet training at christmas then a couple of months ago he decided to try standing up and he did it. He has to kind of thrust himself forward or lean on something but he can do it! Hes not even 3 either hes 3 in July.

think mine were 5, they just started to copy dad, they seem to show more interest at that age and want to be just like dad, we had a little step stool in front of the toilete and they like to stand on it, ha ha

Thank you ladies for your replies :)

That's reassuring Julietz, I was starting to think there was noone as old as Sam that was still sitting to pee! :blush: He's just not ready yet, any time I bring up the subject he gets a little upset and just doesn't want to try so I'm not pushing it. I had a bit of a breakthrough today when I told him it would be a bit like holding the hose to water the garden as he loves doing that :haha:. We still didn't try but at least it raised his interest a little :)

We never taught him. He was toilet trained at 2 years old and started peeing standing up a few weeks after that on his own accord. I'm sure he'll do it when he's ready. :)

The easy way to get them used to the idea is to do 'picnic wees' when out and about. You know when you get caught short, rather than use a potty in the woods or park etc they can do a standup wee and that helps, also they get there aim pretty quick but often height is a problem. Ds1 needed a step to be able to stand so his willy was over the toilet but he has been doing standups since about 2 1/2

Harry was potty and then toilet trained by a year and a half but he never actually stood at the loo until he was 5yrs old.
I think perhaps because he refused to use his baby step (so he called it) and couldn't quite reach and have a good aim so he just sat down.
Quite happy to use urinals though.

The easy way to get them used to the idea is to do 'picnic wees' when out and about. You know when you get caught short, rather than use a potty in the woods or park etc they can do a standup wee and that helps, also they get there aim pretty quick but often height is a problem. Ds1 needed a step to be able to stand so his willy was over the toilet but he has been doing standups since about 2 1/2

LOL my ds1 became quite attached to peeing on trees with this method...he was around 4 for the loo but sits down still sometimes now at 7...pre warning always check the loo seat ive sat in pee a few times :dohh: typical man hehe

Hmmm yes boys don't improve in that area with Age. The one I hate is when it gets the wall!!' ds says ' I pointed my willy but my wee went where it wanted!!!'

I am SO happy to know I am not the only one who either sits on a wet toilet on occasion or is CONSTANTLY cleaning up pee from behind the toilet seat :thumbup:

I started toilet training Blake around 2-3 and I pretty much started with him standing up when it came to peeing... I would throw cheerios or mini marshmallows in the toilet and have him 'aim' for them....it became a game and Blake actually got a kick out of trying to aim and hit the cheerios or marshmallows....every now and again I do catch him sitting while he pees, but I think that is mere laziness and tiredness on his part :haha: although it does keep my toilet and floor cleaner....maybe I should start teaching him how to aim with the cheerios and the marshmallows once more and save me from the daily cleaning of the toilet! :thumbup:

Mine was 4. We had a little problem where he'd actually take the entire pants off to pee. But after a few weeks he got the hang of it with a little help from his dad. Thank God!!! Lol

Dec stood to pee right from the start (21 months) I think it was because he was so used to seeing daddy and Daniel doing it. Daniel, I cant remember when he started but he was doing it by the time he went to nursery at 3 :)

oh yeh pee behind the loo on the wall...boys!

Dec stood to pee right from the start (21 months) I think it was because he was so used to seeing daddy and Daniel doing it. Daniel, I cant remember when he started but he was doing it by the time he went to nursery at 3 :)

Same here, I got them little balls for the toilet to help him aim LOL.

Same here, I got them little balls for the toilet to help him aim LOL.

Yep thats what we had, little blue ones from Tescos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->