Tomato Soup?

L

Laura--x

is it ok for them to have tomato soup at 7 Months?

Maisie came back from her dads today and i just asked if she had been ok and he said she had some tomato soup, i was like oh right ok and he said how much she enjoyed it and that she had 2 bowls of it :saywhat:

Now im panicking..

They can have baked beans at 6mons so I reckon its probably ok for soup!

i'm sure it's fine hon, as long as it's not all the time, i always think everything in moderation is fine :D you just have to watch for the salt and sugar content in things like this :D

agree with PB on this. :hugs: I'm sure it's fine in moderation

Im sure its fine, i always give Paddy chicken soup when hes been poorly i swear by it! x

Sure it will be ok? saying that I am cautious when it comes to jar sauces and soups cause of the salt mainly, I have only just recently gave Jack it now and again (about3 times) and hes 3 1/2and Iwould not give it to LO I just make my own chicken & veg soup, just me being over cautious prob :blush:
X

If it was home made for her (no salt added) then there is nothing to worry about what so ever.
The tinned stuff isn't great, but a one off wont do her any harm!

Its not that im bothered that shes had it, i know its ok for them to have a bit of whatever we eat. But he said she had a bowl of it, then she loved it so he gave her more? Im just worried shes had too much, or should i not worry just this once? x

I wouldn't worry yourself over it :hugs:

would have a word for next time though coz if she is getting overfed regularly while there its not good

tinned soup is ok as a one off but again if lo will be visiting regularly then you need to come to some arrangement about what she will eat as it could cause probs in the future

a friend of mine used to watch leah while i worked in the eves if dh was working and i always packed her a homemade meal so i knew she was getting fed properly

Laura if she's happy she probably hasn't overeaten or anything, as the others say, tinned soup prob isn't a great thing to give regularly, but a one off isn't going to be a prob, and actually home made - or fresh bought soup (check the salt) can be a great thing to give...

Yes the only thing that would worry me is the salt content but a one off won't do any harm and I do have a few tins in that I give to Noah if I'm not well/in a rush or whatever so I'm sure Mailie will be having some before long. I've definitely become more salt cautious this time round, takes me ages to do the food shopping lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->