Tommee Tippee perfect prep & Staydown milk

kristel_

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep can be used with the thicker milks such as SMA Staydown?

Yes should work (never used this particular one myself)

I always made comfort milk with the perfect prep which is a thicker milk and it was no problem.

Sma staydown is made with cold water as the heat of the stomach on digesting it is what thickens it I believe (been a while, my 3.5 yr old was on it as a baby). The perfect prep works by putting a small amount of boiling water in the bottle to mix the powder in then gives the rest out cool to make it the correct warm temperature so no the two wouldn't work together.

The perfect prep machine is not compatible with SMA stay down milk as this milk needs to be made up with fridge cold cooled boiled water. As I understand other "staydown" milks such as Aptamil anti reflux and Cow & Gate anti reflux also require being made up at a cooler temperature (hand hot water, more like 40-50 degrees not 70) so cannot be used with the perfect prep. The perfect prep makes up feeds with a hot shot of 70 degrees plus water and then tops that up with cooler water to produce a feed that is body temperature aka the "perfect" temperature. It can be used with all "regular" powder formula (first milk, hungry baby, follow on etc) and comfort milks (sma comfort, Aptamil comfort, C&G comfort etc). I am unsure if it is compatible with other medical formulas such as Nutramigen (sp) and Neocate etc. Xxx

Works with Neocate (I used it for nearly a year with the perfect prep) and that says to make with cold water to ... though I'm not sure because I've only ever used the perfect prep so have never read the "how to" bit on the tin.

Ok thanks, i don't think i'll bother buying it then. My last 2 babies both had silent reflux so may well be a waste of money for me, that's a shame as it's such a good idea!

My LO had Neocate with carobel to thicken it. Basically does the same job as staydown milk that way. So that could be an option?

I used it over a year with nutramigen and never had any issues - loved this machine, it was my number 1 purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->