Tongue tie?

Lou+Bubs

Mummy + Expecting #2
Reaction score
So my dd has a tongue tie, the midwife in hospital picked it up. We were told not to worry if it wasn't causing any problems. Dd is 5 1/2 weeks and is a content little girl, feeds every 3-4 hours and we do get a good stretch in the night also gaining weight. The only thing is I've ended up putting her on number 3 teats after moving up as she was falling asleep a lot on the bottles and taking forever to finish a feed, she takes the teats well. Like on the other teats she makes some noises while sucking and is a really windy baby.
Tonight I've been looking into tongue tie with bottle fed babies and some of the things I've mentioned can be caused by tongue tie has any one got any experience with this? Thanks

Yes tongue tie does make them more windy and can cause problems feeding so they can either struggle to get enough or take longer to feed. Both ds1 and 2 had tt and both had it snipped. Ds1 had reflux so it didn't help with his discomfort but he fed way better and ds2 it helped with wind and feeding was quicker. I've heard tt can cause issues with speech and eating later on, though it's not been proven one way or the other.

Hi I just wanted to share my story as I was exactly the same as you, it all started when I tried my baby on tommee tippee bottles wih the slow flow tears and he was taking an hour to feed and then just giving up or screaming as it wasn't coming out quick enough for him and doing a weird clicking noise, I then tried the medium teats still the same thing so went onto fast flow these were so much netter faster but gave him lots of wind and dribbles out the side of his mouth, I then went to the gp as I was really suffering and I thought it was colic so bought all sorts for it!! and he was also coughing a lot but no cold :( she checked him and said he was tongue tied and because of thst he has refkux and because milk produces mucus and can't swallow it so it's making him cough :( and nearly
Choke on it, I now have just bought the nuk bottles with the medium teats and they are a god send!!! It takes him 5-10
Mins to finish a bottle with no
Reflix! I also put him in a sling after to reduce the refkux just waiting to see the consultant. I would say go and see your gp and tell them what's going on!! I bet it is tongue tie have you had a look
In your little ones mouth of felt how
Tight it is, and can they suck a dummy? Xz
So my dd has a tongue tie, the midwife in hospital picked it up. We were told not to worry if it wasn't causing any problems. Dd is 5 1/2 weeks and is a content little girl, feeds every 3-4 hours and we do get a good stretch in the night also gaining weight. The only thing is I've ended up putting her on number 3 teats after moving up as she was falling asleep a lot on the bottles and taking forever to finish a feed, she takes the teats well. Like on the other teats she makes some noises while sucking and is a really windy baby.
Tonight I've been looking into tongue tie with bottle fed babies and some of the things I've mentioned can be caused by tongue tie has any one got any experience with this? Thanks

Thank you for replying, since my post we got a private appointment and had it snipped yesterday. She was 100% tt, and already you can see she can get a deeper latch on the teat but does get tired so loses the good latch. I know it will take some time still for her to get a good latch for the whole bottle. We also switched to the mam bottles last week which has helped.

Thank you for replying, since my post we got a private appointment and had it snipped yesterday. She was 100% tt, and already you can see she can get a deeper latch on the teat but does get tired so loses the good latch. I know it will take some time still for her to get a good latch for the whole bottle. We also switched to the mam bottles last week which has helped.

Thanks for updating us :flower: so glad to hear she is doing better already. im sure she will keep improving every day xx

I'm so glad I went with my own instincts and took it further!

Yeah it's really important to trust your instincts, only you know what's right for your baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->