Tongue tied?

doctordeesmrs

Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3
Reaction score
Any of your LO's born tongue tied?
Rocco had a procedure at the start of the week to fix it. I was also born with one as was my brother. I didn't realise it was hereditary.
I had to stop breast feeding because of it. Rocco just couldn't feed properly and he lost a lot of weight.
It was a fight to get it done as normally they just leave it now. Although there is a chance it can effect speech. I was told he could have a lisp with or without a tongue tie but i still wanted it done. The consultant told us Rocco's was very severe as his tongue was completely attached to the bottom of his month.
Just wondering if any other mums had the same problem?

No.never heard of this.Hope your boy heals fast and gains weight quickly.

both nicole and callum are tongue tied, not a severe as rocco tho. But nicole has no problems with her speech at all.

There was a few people mentioned this a while back in this section. I dont know anyone personally though x

both nicole and callum are tongue tied, not a severe as rocco tho. But nicole has no problems with her speech at all.

Was it offered when they born to get it fixed? Both me and my brother got it done but they seem so reluctant to do it now.

Our daughter was born tongue tied and it has never caused her any problems with her speech. She is 3 now and she doesn't have a lisp or anything.

A friend of mine had to stop breastfeeding her little boy because of it, but his speech is fine (he's now 3) and he has no other problems with it.

They do 'grow into it' if thats the right way to put it, i think this is why they don't like to carry out proceedures. Grace's isn't as obvious anymore.

Hope that helped you hun xxx

It was just purely out of interest that i wanted to know. I wouldn't have been happy leaving Rocco's especially cos he was struggling to take the bottle also and lost a lot of weight. The consultant said that Rocco's was very severe and may have caused problems if it tore on its own.

Every baby is different and you should go with your instincts and the advise of the doctors. I wanted to let you know of my experience with my daughter and how it has effected her in later life (well 3 years later anyway lol).

If i was advised that my daughter needed the proceedure as she wasn't feeding and it could effect her in later life i'd have gone for it.

xxx

when i had nicole they told me she was tongue tied and that they didnt do anything about it anymore and that when she's older she might fall over, bang her chin and it may split!!!!

luckily for her it hasnt caused her any problems but i totally understand why you got his done.

when tommy was born they told me he was slightly tongue tied, but only very slightly, he did struggle a bit to take the breast but he got it in the end, they have said he may have a slight lisp but thats all, when i probed into it more they said as matter of course they would offer a procedure to children if its severe but they like to leave it a while as they can "grow into it"

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->