Tonights Doctor Who - Confused.com????

jakey1

Twin Mummy
Reaction score
Okay - so who watched Doctor Who tonight and am the only one who is confused as hell? :wacko:

I watched it and I was a bit disappointed in it.

It is very confusing and I don't think they made the most of having everybody back together. And I don't think they needed the big Amy's pregnant thing.

But I love Matt Smith as the Doctor and I thought the Silence were quite scary looking. Haven't got a clue who the little girl is though.

Fingers crossed it starts to make sense next week.

Stephen Moffat being in charge was a bit of a let down last series and I'm hoping he gets better this time. He made the Empty Child and the Weeping Angels so he ought to be better than he has been so far.

Yeah I have to agree - I've been really looking forward to this new series but felt a little bit let down tbh. I find that with Steven Moffat lately, it's as though he is trying to make the storylines too cryptic. I mean he wrote Blink (with Sally Sparrow and the weeping angels) and that is one of my favourite episodes. It's so cleverly written so I don't quite know what's gone wrong lately.

I do like Matt Smith but if I'm totally honest, I havn't had the same enthusiasm for Doctor Who since David Tennants departure. I was always very open minded about there being a new Doctor but I just can't get used to him - I don't know why??

I'm totally confused about tonights episode and I really hope that they clear everything up next week. I have a few theories but they're all so far fetched that they can't possibly be true :lol: so I'm just gonna have to wait and see I suppose :flower: x

omg i was soooooooooo excited that is was back tonight, but i know i am gonna be soooooooo confused this series!! looks good tho :)

I totally agree. I was saying in the other Doctor Who thread that I was disappointed in this episode. I thought the season finale of the last series was rubbish and I don't have high hopes for this series based on what I've seen tonight.

My main problem is that I feel like the whole Dr dying in the first few minutes bit is going to be undone. I very much doubt that the BBC will kill off Dr Who as a franchise at this point so I just don't buy into the idea that the Dr was permanently dead.

I could have bought it as the end of the Matt Smith era, because for a moment I thought that they were going to have him die as the doctor and then have someone else replace him at a later date (given that it became clear that he'd been the Dr for several hundred years thus allowing for future Matt Smith episodes but also making it clear he will be replaced)

Now that they've supposedly killed him permanently I just know it's going to be resolved in some annoying timey whimey way which doesn't make much sense. It completely destroyed all the peril for me because I feel like everything I invest myself in emotionally will just be undone. So from the start of the episode I was like meh.

Also I'm getting really bored of the whole River Song mystery. I'm hoping it's resolved this episode because as much as I like the character - I'm bored of not knowing who she is or how she relates to the Dr. It was fun for a while but now it's boring.

The villains were OK. Scary I suppose but not that interesting so far.

As for the Amy pregnancy story, that could be interesting but why would the Dr take her anywhere else after finding out about her condition? Surely he won't put her at further risk?

So in short, not that impressed.

ok this is my theory about Dr Who.....
I think the little girl in the spacesuit is River as a child, the spaceman that came out of the lake was River and killed the doctor (in previous episodes she's says she was in prison for killing someone but never says who. Last night when she was trying to open the door to the chamber she was talking to Rory about being a girl, feeling special not being recognised by the doctor as a girl etc etc

Maybe I think too much!!!!!!

I think the little girl in the spacesuit is River as a child, the spaceman that came out of the lake was River and killed the doctor (in previous episodes she's says she was in prison for killing someone but never says who. Last night when she was trying to open the door to the chamber she was talking to Rory about being a girl, feeling special not being recognised by the doctor as a girl etc etc

No I agree with your idea hun - I tend to overthink things aswell so here's another theory I came up with (although like I said in my previous post, it's very far fetched :lol:) Do you think that River Song could be Amy Ponds' daughter? So essentially a future version of Amy's unborn child???? If you notice, they both experienced a feeling of sickness in last night's episode - obviously Amy's experience was due to her pregnancy but could River, as Amy's future daughter, have made a psychic connection?? See I told you I over think things :haha:

OOOOOOOhhh yes! I like that. Wouldn't it be weird if it was both! Sod Steven whats-his-face the writer, we should do it! lol x

OOOOOOOhhh yes! I like that. Wouldn't it be weird if it was both! Sod Steven whats-his-face the writer, we should do it! lol x

Steven Moffat couldn't even begin to compete with my warped mind :rofl: It's decided - we'll team up and write the next series together :thumbup: :haha:

We'd get David Tennant and his gorgeous ruffable hair back for a start!!!:haha:

We'd get David Tennant and his gorgeous ruffable hair back for a start!!!:haha:

Oh God definately :thumbup:!! I really miss DT - I cried like a baby in his last episode :cry: I don't mind Matt Smith but he just lacks that certain something. DT always had a real passion in his acting and made the unbelievable storylines seem believable somehow. I'm a massive DT fan anyway. Did anyone see him in that ITV Drama 'Secret Smile'? It was quite a few years ago now but it was absolulutely fantastic. He played the part of a stalker.

I love DT too. Matt smith is quite good, he is growing on me but i also said that aboyt DT after christopher eccleston left. Didn't see him in secret stalker, he was on tv last night apparently in the film 'united' about the Munich air crash. I did really like him in 'casanova' too. I've decided when I die I want to be reincarnated as his hairbrush!!!

I think it was a mistake to start the series with a 2 parter

I love DT too. Matt smith is quite good, he is growing on me but i also said that aboyt DT after christopher eccleston left. Didn't see him in secret stalker, he was on tv last night apparently in the film 'united' about the Munich air crash. I did really like him in 'casanova' too. I've decided when I die I want to be reincarnated as his hairbrush!!!

:haha:

I was quite confused, like how they got from a room in a big scary house to a vault in the middle of a warehouse with president nixon in? Or did I just blink and miss something? Well confusing! Looks like the little girl is some kinda timelordy magic, maybe the tardis and amy are having a baby together? ^-^

Well I only managed to watch the second episode last night and now I'm even more confused - so okay, they explained the whole thing with The Silence but I still don't get the whole Amy thing - is she pregnant, isn't she pregnant?? Who knows?? I think they need to start explaining things soon though instead of dragging the mystery out throughout the entire series (which is split into two sections this year, meaning even longer to wait to find out what the hell is happening!!). I fear they may start to lose their younger fan base as I think that the storylines are far too hard to grasp. My 9 year old step son is an avid Doctor Who fan but I can see that even he is starting to lose patience with it all and not showing as much interest as he used to. I don't mind complicated storylines but I'm starting to think you need a Masters Degree to watch and understand this programme :dohh:

I agree, my 10 year old spent most of the episode asking what was happening so I probably missed something important, for the minute I'm still standing by my theory!!!

No I agree with your idea hun - I tend to overthink things aswell so here's another theory I came up with (although like I said in my previous post, it's very far fetched :lol:) Do you think that River Song could be Amy Ponds' daughter? So essentially a future version of Amy's unborn child???? If you notice, they both experienced a feeling of sickness in last night's episode - obviously Amy's experience was due to her pregnancy but could River, as Amy's future daughter, have made a psychic connection?? See I told you I over think things :haha:

OMG - just watched last night's episode on BBC iplayer and I can't believe I was right!! :happydance: :smug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->