Toning the mummy tummy!

Pearls18

Reaction score
Looking for advice, hints and tips :)

I understand it probably won't be possible to get my pre pregnancy tummy back, but it is actually relatively flat it's just rather....soft! I poke it and it wobbles like jelly lol. I have some weight to lose, I'm currently a 12 and should be a 10 (I don't weigh) I'm not dieting just going to make some changes to what food I buy in and I have started going to the gym more regularly and a boot camp class, I'm trying not to make it a "thing" I'm trying to make lifestyle changes rather than change a bunch of stuff that might have an impact for a short while but will probably end in relapse, and the gym is pretty normal in this house, hubby is a phys freak.

Anyway, when at the gym I love cardio....it's a military personnel gym so I'm too self conscious to use the weight machines as I don't know how to use them and hubby and I have to tag team getting there due to child care so he can't show me. Is there are a cardio best for your tummy area...? What should I do at home apart from sit ups...?

Any help appreciated!

stalking this as id love to know too, i dont do the gym as i basically havent got the time or money, i was going to take my dogs for a run up some stairs near my home, thats more for my legs and bum that seem to have trippled in size.. everyone says i look better for it, but i dont feel it..

My tummy is also quite jelly like, it wobbles when i walk and i have a little mid pouch that perches over my leggins and jeans, which i also arent comfortable with..

another thing, i will NOT diet, im rubbish with meals sometimes i only have tea and munch, very rarely have breakfast and only sometimes have lunch, even when i have tea its not exactly healthy, but i know it takes a good diet to loose weight.. ahh this is life!!

I know what you mean, I love the exercise bike and cross trainer and can already feel my legs getting big, I really like cardio but don't want my bottom half to be too built up, I always gain muscle easily down below. It doesn't look slim. I also don't diet, I don't really need to massively I eat ok meal wise I cook from scratch and try to eat whole foods but it's the snacks that are the issue, but if I put myself on a diet I can guarantee I would be miserable. I want to make healthier choices rather than diet if that makes sense? One thing I am thinking of doing is making a pudding for after dinner, sounds strange but I always crave something sweet at night and eat awful amounts of chocolate, I think if I made a pudding (and I could control what went in it) I would get the sugar hit but not so bad as the amount of chocolate I eat now which I won't even admit to :haha:

yes i know what your saying, i did go the the gym a few times and did enjoy it, but now no time or money, my OH has weight benches but i havent done weights before so id rather do light exercise like jogging or sit ups etc. i also dont believe in all these juice diet things, slimming world and weight watchers maybe so, not my thing like..

yes i do believe puding does help, although not healthy ones LOL if i have say a fruit cocktail after dinner, i need chocolate or something else later on, as fruit just doenst hit the spot, chocolate is defo my biggest weakness x

Haha yeah fruit doesnt count, unless smothered in chocolate!

Thankfully we get use of the gym for free and it is literally over the road from us on hubby's work, when he's not away he can finish at 4pm so I tend to go 4-5 before dinner no idea what I will do when back at work. If it was further and cost me I probably wouldn't be so keen....! Only downside is working out with fit military people, makes me pretty self conscious :/

I downloaded the app pumpup yesterday and so far so good. You can choose loosing weight, or toning or just being healthy, then select if your at home the gym or elsewhere. Then what equipment you have how much time you have, what area you want to target, then it builds the work out for you. I did an all body work out yesterday and burned 200+ calories in half a hour according to the app! hoping yo tone my mummy tummy too

i cant get to the gym due to LO & well... i refuse to pay the stupid prices.

i have done the 30 day sit up challenge & am still doing it (on day 20)

been doing it with OH for encouragement. once ive finished i'll just carry on doing so many sit ups a day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->