Tonsilitus

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
Has anyone had it in Adulthood?

I have Anxiety so i'm freaking out. My 11 month old also has Chicken pox.

I haven't seen a doctor but my throat is sore and there is a small white spot on one.

I know i am freaking out because of my Anxiety but i just feel so rubbish right now

X

I had viral tonsillitis a few months back, first time i'd ever had it. It was really sore and I lived off twister ice lollies for the first couple of days but it lasted less than a week before the symptoms practically disappeared. I started feeling it on the Sunday and by Friday I was pretty much better. Just got told by the doctor to drink hot water, lemon and honey, have lozenges if I felt I needed them and just to rest (which was easier said than done with a 6 month old and a little boy still flying around with his birthday presents he'd gotten the week before). But it worked, I just sat on the sofa most of the week, ate ice lollies and soup, drank tea and slept when I could and it all helped.

Really hope you and LO feel better soon x

I don't know what I had but it was the worst sore throat in my life a few months ago! My tonsils were covered in white spots and I couldn't swallow. I too lived on ice lollys, soup and yoghurt!

Don't panic you should feel better in a few days. If your worried go docs but it should go soon. I was lucky in that FOB took Ben and I took nytol and slept a lot. If I was asleep I couldn't feel the pain!

Thank you for your quick replies.
You've made me feel calmer.
I can't believe how painful it is to swallow. Feels like glass is cutting it. Xx

I get tonsillitis several times a year x

Do you get antibiotics for it or just wait for it to go? Because it's the weekend i can't see a doctor very easily.

Most of the time tonsillitis is viral which means antibiotics won't do anything and will do more harm than good, I would wait until after the weekend, if it still isn't gone then see if you're doctor will prescribe them. I've only taken antibiotics once because I find it goes by itself.

Gargling with aspirin, and gargling with salt is really helpful.

I had it last year, i kept thinking it would go by itself but even after a few days off wrk (when I felt so weak and rotten, not just the sore throat) I still had it and every time I swallowed it was awful. At that point I saw my GP and she gave me antibiotics as she said it had been going on so long and she could still see I had it and I had a temp. It cleared it up in a few days then. It was horrible!
I agree with the above, mostly it is viral and goes quite quickly

I get it frequently. You'll be fine. Get yourself to the GP and they'll prescribe antibiotics. Calpol helps numb the pain.

I've had tonsilitis 4 times already this year and just got over strep throat too. Tonsilitis is so painful so you have my sympathy! See how you get on, you may need anti biotics as white spots/pus on the tonsils is generally a sign of a bacterial infection.

I used to get tonsiltis 3 or 4 times a year, usually if I was feeling run down. It has suddenly stopped over the last couple of years thankfully - it used to really floor me! Try Tyrozets lozenges - you can get them in Boots and they numb your throat and make it easier to swallow - they're really good. Hope you get well soon (and lo) :flow:

I get it quite alot it's ok x

Theyll just give you some penicylin, itll be fine. Try gargling with salt water:) they wont take your tonsils out until youve had like six infections in a year, at least here they wont:)

I get it really bad a couple of times a year. My doc swabs & every time it's come back bacterial ( or whatever the word is) & given me Penicillin which gets rid in a day or 2. I feel like I have flu when I get it. Hope your feeling better soon x

I've had tonsilitis 4 times already this year and just got over strep throat too. Tonsilitis is so painful so you have my sympathy! See how you get on, you may need anti biotics as white spots/pus on the tonsils is generally a sign of a bacterial infection.

This!

You have my sympathies :flower:

I woke up this morning feeling sick and had a look and the white spot had gone, i guess it burst.... yuck! I'm now left with a raw red tonsil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->