Too early to break the news?

Plenora

Reaction score
I have a friend/work colleague who's just told me that she's pregnant but only tested a week ago so is now five weeks officially pregnant. She was only going to tell me and a couple of close friends but now she's over excited and told almost everyone. I really hope this is it for her and that it sticks but I've read some sad stories on here of people having m/c at 8 weeks so I'm on tenderhooks now for her until the twelve week period as if anything happened it will be so much worse now. I feel like I should have warned her but I don't like telling people what they should do!

What would you do? I think I would wait a bit longer myself as I'd hate to have to go through that. Fingers crossed for her anyway, she's healthy and young enough that she should be OK.

I think that if she miscarries she will probably need some thyme off work and then everyone will know anyway - that's what happened to me - I miscarried one twin at 6weeks and then the other at 8 weeks and pretty much everyone at my work knows - they had to find out as I was off work a lot and going for appointments...

I think it will be harder for her if she's told friends of friends and/or facebook (i managed to not tell all my friends nor facebook)...but I dont regret my work knowing...

Im TTC and if I am lucky this month hopefully I'll get past the 8 week mark whilst im on holidays, thereby sidestepping having my vagina up for work discussions...

As long as the person is comfortable, it's never too early to tell everyone and celebrate a pregnancy.

There is no guarantee at 12 weeks either. I know of someone that waited until 20 weeks to tell everyone, then her baby died at 25 weeks. She then regretted waiting because she only had 5 weeks in which she could share her pregnancy with everyone.

I think its a personal preference.. I believe that if you have sadly have a m/c then you are going to need support from family/friends unless you decide not to tell them...I personally would tell close family and a few friends and my work... I work in an office with 3 other girls and we know everything about each other. I get very pukey while pregnant for a long time, while looking pale and exhausted in the 1st tri, its not something I could hide.

I would not however tell my wider work circle or facebook, or friends that I see from time to time or all my family members...a select few that I can trust to be discreet.

I hope that everything goes ok for your colleague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->