Too full for water?

jacs

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm struggling to get Evan to drink water. Before weaning he had 1-2oz twice a day, but now he has practically nothing at all.
His poos are getting hard and I'm really starting to worry about it. I do mix in water with his food, but I know this can't be the same as having an actual drink. We've tried using his bottle, a sippy cup and the spoon (spoon worked a couple of times, even though it took ages!).

I wondered if maybe he's just too full to have anything on top of his bottle and food (although I have also tried leaving a gap after meals)?
Has anyone experienced this, or got any more ideas?

Thanks!

I didn't really give Izzy water at that age - she had milk as much as she wanted and a sip or two of water after her food, but that's it.

If they are getting the right amount of milk then they won't be getting dehydrated.

You might find that the poos are becoming more solid becuase he is eating food! Izzy has solid poos and she isn't dehydrated!

Thanks, yes I suppose it could be the food. He's having enough milk, but I found he would get constipated after a day or so if he didn't have water, before he was weaning.

What are poos meant to be like when they start out with weaning? Evan eats porridge and purees at the mo.

Well some babies keep having the soft squidgy/runnyish ones, but many who have weaned I have heard they are more nugget like - BUT lol you have to catch them before they get sat on and weed on to see that!!

If I know Izzy just did one and I change it before she sits down then its usually firm, nuggets of varying sizes...
Sometimes though they are bottie shaped if she sat on them, and other times all mucky as she weed in them! Charming eh?!

Haha! Thanks, that helps. Sounds a bit like Evan. He's going as regularly as he used to, so I might let up a bit with the water obsession.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->