Too Hot!!!

karenmack

Mummy of 2 Boys
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anybody elses babes really crabby coz of the heat, Harrison has been grumpy all day and demanding more milk more often. Any tips to make them happy in this heat????

Also, what are people dressing their babies in for bedtime????

was just about to start a thread on this! Grace has been whingy and wanting feeding more often. I tried her with a bit of water but she won't take it. I've taken her for a walk to get some fresh air but she just cried until she cried herself out and fell asleep. I've just fed her and now she's lying on her playmat in just her nappy with the windows open and she's almost asleep. For bedtime I open the small window on the other side of the room and dress her in just a sleepsuit with no vest and just drape a light blanket over her.

Hey hun im also having the same problem...little one is contantly hungry...and crying all time...i stripped him off totally and got some water and cotton wool and gave him a good wipe down...he is currently wearing just a vest...problem im having is he won't sleep properly! At night time Lo wears a vest only and i put a cellular blanket just on his legs xxx

Im also going through the same thing , i take her our when its not so hot and she likes that but mid day when its hottest is when she gets crabby so i just strip her down in front of fans and open windows! Poor things , its awful seeing them distressed with the heat and there isnt much you can do about it! Unless you have air con! Lol

Kyle was terrible when he was younger, luckily he hasnt been as bad the past week. I have him in a romper for bed as apposed to a sleepsuit x

when jacob was a baby i would put him to bed in a sleeveless vest with a fan on in his room. When he fell alseep i'd turn the fan off and cover him with a light blanket. Now he's a toddler it's much easier i fill his cup with ice.. he enjoys sucking away on the water as it melts.

Dec just sleeps in a sleeveless vest, he has to have a blankie over his face to sleep but I would give him 1/2 hour then pull it off. This heat is unbearable :hissy:

Dec just sleeps in a sleeveless vest, he has to have a blankie over his face to sleep but I would give him 1/2 hour then pull it off. This heat is unbearable :hissy:
Oscy does this with his blankie too :cloud9:

the only time it bothers mase is at night, and then hes really cranky. i have to strip him all the way off to his nappy with just a thin sheet over him. he dont like eating in this weather either so is demanding more milk. xxx

I was just about to start a thread on this too...Sam's been really grumpy, and his head gets really sweaty when I'm feeding him. Was wondering what to put him in at night too as we have our windowsopen and by the morning I'd be too cold without covers, but it's so hot when we go to bed. I'd put him in a 1 tog sleeping bag last night but I do worry about him getting too hot (it's very thin and has big gaps around his head and arms though) - no point in a blanket or light sheet because he always ends up sideways up at the top of the cot! I don't know what to do!!

He wants fed loads too. Wish I could just stick my breasts in the fridge for a couple of hours for him! x

aww i know how u all feel, today was awful, Lily stays in her nappy all day and sleeps just in her nappy with a blanket over her. It was so hard to feed her today or even cuddle her because shed get even warmer off my body heat, she had to lay on the pillow and on my lap just so I wouldnt heat her up! We were both just sitting there all sticky!

I was just about to start a thread on this too...Sam's been really grumpy, and his head gets really sweaty when I'm feeding him. Was wondering what to put him in at night too as we have our windowsopen and by the morning I'd be too cold without covers, but it's so hot when we go to bed. I'd put him in a 1 tog sleeping bag last night but I do worry about him getting too hot (it's very thin and has big gaps around his head and arms though) - no point in a blanket or light sheet because he always ends up sideways up at the top of the cot! I don't know what to do!!

He wants fed loads too. Wish I could just stick my breasts in the fridge for a couple of hours for him! x

Dec ends up at the top of his cot to usually across the head of it, I stood and watched him one night for a full hour and he was all shapes and sizes!!!! he was even on his hands and kness at one stage all this and still out to the count.

Dec ends up at the top of his cot to usually across the head of it, I stood and watched him one night for a full hour and he was all shapes and sizes!!!! he was even on his hands and kness at one stage all this and still out to the count.

:rofl: That's exactly what Sam's like! And all while asleep - a huge cot and he end up scrunched up in a ball in one of the corners with arms and legs hanging through the bars! x

Seth was really fussy on Thursday when we were out. We bought a pram fan from Mothercare and it's really really good. We went out for a walk today (32 degree heat!) and he slept the whole time and was nice and cool afterwards too :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->