Too late for a fluffy bum?

L

lola

Hi all, hope you can help, my DD is 9 months and I have really wanted to use reuseables buuuut the girlie can poop :blush: so it has taken until now for me to seriously consider it (she has been known to poop 7/8 times a day:help:)tehe!

Anyhow, its calmed down recently and I'd love to try her with a fluffy bum, but I'm back at work now....... I'm not afraid of the washing etc but can I tumble dry them? and is it worth the financial investment at this stage? I am torn between the impact of tumble drying them (darn that work life :growlmad:) and the impact of throwing away so many nappies :shrug:

Any advice welcomed :flower:xh

it's never too late honey!

It's never too late - Written by me

awww never to late hun, I started at 7 months :D and found that I bought BTP nappies to start with so that I could use them for baby no.2 so they will defo get worn lots :D

Good luck hun :D be warned it is addictive :)

nope never too late :)
as for tumbling, to combat that you can invest in a few extra nappies. MOST modern nappies dry overnight so if you have say 3-4 days worth you will be absolutely fine to hang dry. If you do need to tumble most nappies can be tumbled on low, although regardless you are better hanging any PUL outers and tumbling inners only.

I was going to say the same as Squish about drying hun. We are making sure we have a few extra so we can dry on the clothes horse over night and save on the tumble useage :hugs:

xxx

We started at 9 months too and it's definitely worth it :D

As Squish said, alot of nappies will dry overnight if you want to try not to use the drier as much as you can. For me, it was the image of a landfill of stinky nappies for hundreds of years that won out oover the impact of the drier. I'm better with things I can imagine!

Financially, I'd still say it's cheaper, you can reuse them on any more babies and sell them when you're done - so really you're investing in an asset (that's what I keep telling myself! :blush:)

aw guys thanks for such a lovely enthusiastic response! :) I keep reading all the reviews I just need to pick the 'easiest' reuseable to try now................ I'm drawn to the Bum genius 3.0, for a newbie it looks ok (she says with infinite confidence, lol!) do you guys rate it as a first buy? xxxx

We started at 9 months too and it's definitely worth it :D

As Squish said, alot of nappies will dry overnight if you want to try not to use the drier as much as you can. For me, it was the image of a landfill of stinky nappies for hundreds of years that won out oover the impact of the drier. I'm better with things I can imagine!

Financially, I'd still say it's cheaper, you can reuse them on any more babies and sell them when you're done - so really you're investing in an asset (that's what I keep telling myself! :blush:)

:happydance: maybe I can even persuade DH it would be a waste NOT to have another bubba to use them with! :blush: (fingers crossed) xxxx

:haha: I like your thinking!!

BGv3s are definitely easy to use. I'd definitely recommend BumGenius Flips too, they were my staple nappy to start with before I got sucked into the pretties! By far the most reliable nappy we have, dead easy to use and economical as you can reuse the outer and pop a clean insert in.

definately not too late. We have been in cloth for just coming up to 2wks now and DS is 18months. Just seemed a bit silly to me that I had all these nappies coming and I wouldn't be able to use them til sept (also did some research on disposables) so got DS in them quick chop

Thanks Lu, I'll try some of the BumGenius flips & the other ones to get me started I think xxxx

We are about to embark on the fluff journey and G is almost a year old!

oooh celine another late fluffy finder :) yey I am not alone anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->