Too many carbs????

georgina.miss

Reaction score
Helloo I was wondering if too many carbs during pregnancycan cause any type of problems/damage?!?! I am still eating loads of fruit and getting my 5 a day but i just want to eat brown toast ALL the time!!! Im glad its wholemeal and not white im craving as i dont eat white anyway but just wondered if anyone else has heard anything about to many carbs?? x x

Too many carbs can contribute to gestational diabetes. It's hard....I am craving carbs too. But with my history of being borderline GD last pregnancy I have to be super careful. Aside from the GD thing.....too many carbs leads to too much weight gain....just like when you aren't preggo.

yeh very true re weight gain i must stop eating bread im going to try salad for a whole week and buy a pair of scales which ive never had before- im determined not to put on more than 2 stone!! xx

I didn't know about carbs contributing to gd, but I was going to say I know they will "help" you put on weight faster. As long as you aren't going completely overboard I would think it was ok, especially since it isn't white bread.

i think it depends on how many carbs yr actually having:) one persons version of too many carbs is not a lot to someone else. are we talking about 2 slices toast at breakfast 2 slices bread at lunch and another 2 for dinner ie beans on toast etc that is about the normal advised intake, lol you can tell I have spent a while dieting, that def wont make you gain weight, if only I could eat that much in carbs, had 6 rice cakes today with tomatoes and cooked prawns with seafood sauce and lots to drink, having a thirsty day today not really a hungry one, mind i do get hungry ones too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->