Too many smiley faces - Super confused - help?!

lje85

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and I'm 28. TTC. Was on the pill for about 6 years, came off it in jan 2013. Periods went back to normal in March 2013. Since then (4months later) they've been like clockwork - 28 day cycle exactly. They've been fine, not that bad until last month and it was a killer of a period.

Decided to start testing ovulation this month using Clearblue's advanced digital ovulation kit. honestly think it was the worst thing I did because its worrying me now. I started testing on cd9 of a 28 day cycle. it went like this:

cd9 - circle
cd10- flashing smiley
cd11- flashing smiley
cd12 - solid smiley*
cd13 - solid smiley
cd14 - circle
cd15 - flashing smiley
cd16- solid smiley*
cd17- solid smiley
cd18- solid smiley*
cd19- solid smiley

*solid smiley remains for two days and wont let you retake test until it disappears.

I had BD'd on day 9. So. Basically, how the heck do I have so many solid smileys? Could it be that my body keeps trying to ovulate but isn't? Surely, if my body kept trying to ovulate and shows peak fertility for a week then my cycle would be longer than 28 days? but my cycle remains the same length of time and always has, even before pill.

I ordered a BBT to test alongside, but haven't done that this cycle. Has anyone experienced this too? Is it something to worry about?

any help would be greatly appreciated :))

Lou xx

Just like people get multiple stronglines on OPK you are getting multiple smileys. From what i've read is that when body releases LH for ovulation there are times it doesn't happen so you get multiple surges over time. Basically its your body gearing up for ovulation if it doesn't happen in the first surge. Do you temp? Things get really clear once you are temping.
Also i haven't heard good reviews about Advance digital CB. People have been getting alot of smileys. Try the normal CB Digital opks.

I had a bout of multiple smiley faces too, thought this cant be right, so got dh to pee on one and low and behold he got a smiley face too lol

On the packet it does say after the second day of full smileys to stop testing as this will occur. Your LH levels obviously stay above the level the test detects until I guess near AF. Only my guess... I am cd9 today and already have a flashing one! On a 28 day cycle. Seems a bit peculiar but ill go with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->