Too much time in front of the computer?

jogami

Reaction score
I just sometimes feel like I'm on the computer (on facebook and b&b); time I should be spending with LO :huh:

Makes me feel bad. I love cuddles with him and I spend all the time I can with him, but sometimes I put a bottle in and try to rest him and then I sit here or FB.

I know it's silly cos baba is sleeping and we all need our "OFF" time, but just wondering what's excessive...

excessive is the fact ive been on bnb near enough all day today with sophia eitha next to me on her bean bag or on my knee lol. though i do still tak to her and feed her etc at the same time lol

If you feel that you are on here too much, then maybe you are :shrug:

I have a rule now that the laptop doesn't go on until she's in bed! I'd spend the whole day on here otherwise :lol: I have a quick browse on my phone while she's napping or playing but don't post much!

I pop on now when Ellie's asleep if I've got the chores done and then of an evening for a bit. I used to be on here a lot more when she was younger. I was too tired to do any housework and she was asleep, so why not! But now if I turn the computer on while she's awake then she just wants to tap the keyboard and it's pointless.

I wouldn't feel bad hun, like u say we all need a bit of me time, and mine is usually spent on fb & bnb! Looking at your time on the forum & post count it's nothing compared to some! x

Im on here alot but i have a really odd child. If i try and play with her to much she can get right assy! :haha:

I wouldn't feel bad hun, like u say we all need a bit of me time, and mine is usually fb & bnb! Looking at your time on the forum & post count it's nothing compared to some! x

I look at some peoples and think, my god they must be on 24 hours a day :lol:

I only come on if Bella has an afternoon nap and the chores are done and when she's in bed and DH is on the Wii/Xbox. I'd feel guilty if i just left her to play and sat on the computer, i enjoy playing with her!

I wonder this too sometimes but I only really use it when LO is sleeping (she naps ALOT :rofl:), plus I tend to be a lot lazier when its cold outside, as soon as Spring comes round me and Ivy will barely even be in the house at all! If he's sleeping or preoccupied I don't think you need to feel bad at all :hugs:

It's a double-edge situation. I come on here, get really great advise and try implement them at home and on the other hand I want my son's comfort and he needs mine. Maybe maybe having mixed emotions just 4 days before I start work fulltime again

I wouldn't feel bad hun, like u say we all need a bit of me time, and mine is usually fb & bnb! Looking at your time on the forum & post count it's nothing compared to some! x

I will admit I was alot more on here during my pregnancy. I was a bit paranoid and just passing time really. Now I come on if I have a concern and need airing them or getting advice so that I can do the best possible I can. I suppose we'll always be worried we're doing things the right way and what works for us. Developing a well-balanced child is a fulltime and sensitive task.

Im on here all day pretty much. My husband is laid off and we are starting another business from home and most of the work right now is from the computer. Charlie is still little and sleeps all day, wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep, when hes awake Im generally not on the computer and Im off for the night at dinner

I will admit I was alot more on here during my pregnancy. I was a bit paranoid and just passing time really. Now I come on if I have a concern and need airing them or getting advice so that I can do the best possible I can. I suppose we'll always be worried we're doing things the right way and what works for us. Developing a well-balanced child is a fulltime and sensitive task.

Totally agree :thumbup:

I was on bnb ALL day EVERY day when i was pregnant :lol:

mine sleeps for 3hrs every morning even at 7mths and is in bed for the night 7.30pm latest so I have loads of time... I dont go near it though if she is awake, that is her time, at 7mths she likes me playing with her and if I am not doing that I am preparing her lunch / our dinner / dealing with our 6yr old.

i think about this all the time! sometimes i think to myself that in the future when my LOs like 10 ill regret not spending every minute with him while hes so small and precious and just gorgeous. i feel like im not making the most of him but sometimes its hard when u just want to stay in your kip all day lol xx

Totally agree :thumbup:

I was on bnb ALL day EVERY day when i was pregnant :lol:

me too!! i pretty much didn't leave the laptop at all in 3rd tri :rofl: now when i come online when LO is busy sleeping it's great to read some amazing advice & tips, help where i can and catch up!

I had LO on my lap today while I browsed the net and she started kicking my hands away from the keyboard

people must think im on 24/7 :shy: im not i just dont log out lol.

i make it a rule to only go on when alfies asleep. sometimes i go on when hes awake just to type a quick email or whatever.

<3

I'm on LOADS!!! but it is when Will is feeding or sleeping! he likes the light from the laptop in the middle of the night, and then it keeps me sane!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->