too proud for maternity clothes?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Hi ya girls. Just wondering if anyone out there is also feeling too proud to wear maternity clothes?
Im not saying there's anything wrong with them but some of the shirts and trousers that are in those stores, really are horrible.
Im still going to dorothy perkins buying the petite range, well, Im TRYING to fit into them for as long as possible.
My family keep telling me to wear baggy tops so that my bump doesnt look as big, but why should I? aslong as you're belly isnt totally hanging over your jeans and is covered completely, who cares how tight the shirt is.

Is it just me whos feeling far too proud to walk into a maternity store and buy myself (what I call) a tent, to cover my tummy? :rofl:

no i loved maternity clothes and proudly showing off my bump, i loved going to the till and people asking oooh when are you due? do u no wot it is?! fair enuff some arent stylish but then u dont buy those, you buy teh ones you like!

I loved Dorothy Perkins for my maternity clothes, but i know what you mean some of the styles can be a bit blurgh!!

I suppose because smock tops and legging are in at the minute you could get away with them

I guess it all depends on what you usually wear

Im the same as Yvanne, be pregnant and proud!x

I am pregnant and proud- I just dont see why I should wear maternity clothes!!! :) Dorothy perkins maternity section is ok, but the trouble is, Im only 5ft and everything I saw in the maternity section was like, a size 20 with a 34 leg. So im kinda screwed-

You can get some really lovely maternity clothes & some proper rank lines but thats how it is for normal clothes too ...

I bought some gorg maternity jeans a couple of weeks ago I can't wait to wear them.

i loved my..

*does my bump look big in this* teeshirt :D

You can get some really lovely maternity clothes & some proper rank lines but thats how it is for normal clothes too ...

I bought some gorg maternity jeans a couple of weeks ago I can't wait to wear them.
I really wish it was that simple for me.
Being just 5ft, my leg is only 28inch and even that is sometimes too long. And due to having a bump that is low rather than high, my jeans are sitting on my hips below my tummy, so everything just looks far too big for me.
Its either jeans that are too tight and cause me pain, and also irritate baby, or jeans that that make me look like something from a punk band. :(
Do you know of any specific stores that are all over the UK, that happen to do petite maternity clothing? That almost sounds contradicting doesnt it? hehe.

i loved my..

*does my bump look big in this* teeshirt :D
I have seen a few women at the hospital wearing tops that say things like 'Im pregnant', or 'pregnant and proud'- where do you get those tops from? I have never seen them before.

I had no choice - I couldn't fit in my normal clothes from about 8 weeks!:blush:

But, I loved the maternity range at H & M. So practical, light, fashionable, comfortable, and I loved them! You look pregnant when you wear maternity clothes, personally I don't like to see women struggling to still wear normal clothes with a bump.:blush: It's personal choice, but to me it doesn'l look right.

I have seen a few women at the hospital wearing tops that say things like 'Im pregnant', or 'pregnant and proud'- where do you get those tops from? I have never seen them before.
I had one that said "my bump rocks" from next. have you looked at Isabella Oliver clothes, they are pricey but if you want something a bit more adjustable for he whole pregnancy they are great.

I've been looking for those preggy tops - I've found some right naff ones & some fab ones in the bloody USA grrrrr!!!

Tops wise don't have to be maternity - you can get some nice floaty, gypsy smock type tops which I'm going for as well. I'd have said Dorethy Perkins as well - Bottoms wise if its uncomfy for you to wear I wouldn't squeeze in! And I heard NEXT do a nice line of clothes for petite!

Hope these help Louise!

https://www.reet-petite.co.uk/minimum.html?gclid=CNOSib_SuowCFSdPEgod7U3hbA

https://www.funmum.com/maternity-clothes-shop/collection/petite-tall-maternity-clothing/

https://www.isabellaoliver.com/io/S...87x001-Brand&KEYWORD=petite maternity clothes

https://www.bellablumaternity.com/extra-small-maternity-clothing-c-212.html

Just had a quick look on the Next site and they do maternity in petite

*Lynnie i was just going to post the same links lOL

I loved my maternity clothes, we have a mothercare world near us that had a nice selection. I work in an office and got a lot of work tops from there, a pair of jeans and some incredibly comfy black lycra-ish trousers. There are a lot of websites out there too if you want something more up market.

I really loved showing my bump off, not hanging out certainly anything that made it look "pokey out" got worn a lot. I am not very body confident normally but I really loved my bump and mostly never felt more good about myself than when I was preggers.

Towards the end it got more a case of comfort over fashion mind you.

I loved my clothes i still love my maternity clothes!!

I love the new look range, and my fav online store is www.BloomingMarvellous.com or is it .co.uk ... anyway thats where i got my "Bump unber construction" T-shirt from!

Asda do some lovely smock tops and leggins am getting myself some ....

Best part of being preggers is the clothes and that bump!!
xxx

Louise shop in Topshop - Theres really trendy stuff in there. I have some hipster Maternity jeans from there that I got when having Ky and they are still may favourites.

If you go to one of the larger stores they do Maternity stuff in Petite - I have the same problem - I'm 5ft tall and was about 7st to start with (8st 2 now!) - Next have a really nice Maternity range and you can get Petites. I have a bright green maternity hoody and some T Shirts from Next - but I find that their jeans and trousers come up too big.I bought some maternity trousers for work and they drop down and they don't do smaller than a size 8 in Maternity - but Topshop stuff comes up smaller.

Some H&M's do a maternity section too and there stuff is pretty much the same as the normal range.

I was about to suggest the same thing. I had the opposite problem - am 6' and couldn't find clothes for tall pregant lasses. Did my head in. However Topshop do have some fab styles in https://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/...toreId=12556&categoryId=42391&langId=-1&top=Y

i got my does my bump look big in this top and also a top with an arrow pointing down saying boy and also im not fat im pregnant top off ebay :D

im not fat, im pregnant lol love it!! i have to find one of those!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->