Too Scared to Test

jrob

Reaction score
Ugh! I don't know why but I'm scared to test this time around. Every time I think I am pregnant I get that BFN and I hate that disappointment. Either that or it's positive but it doesn't end well. I've had 3 early losses and the last time was an ectopic that I lost my left tube from. I've had other times that I got a positive test, then a period, and then a negative result. Right now I am on cycle day 48 and am 15 days late. I have been under MAJOR stress lately and have been thinking it was late because of that. I also quit smoking finally about 2 weeks ago, the day before AF was due. I started, 2 weeks before that, taking Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking. It's working like a charm because its been 16 days since my last cigarette. We weren't trying, especially since I hadn't quit smoking yet and have been taking the medication. So I also attributed the late period to the new medication. Which is still completely possible, and another reason why I am hesitant about testing. However, the past few days I have been feeling "off." I broke out in hives all over my legs 2 days ago, which I know isn't really a pregnancy symptom but I have no idea why I would have them since I KNOW I'm not allergic to the Wellbutrin. I've taken it in the past for smoking cessation and had no side effects. Plus I've been taking it for a month now. I also have been feeling queasy in general, especially after I eat something, even if it's only a little bit. I called out of work yesterday because I didn't feel well. I slept pretty much the entire day. All 4th of July weekend, I curled up on my couch watching tv and slept on and off because I was too exhausted to do anything else. And I was in no mood to be out in the humidity because it made me feel sick. I went into work today, and just now had to run into the bathroom because I suddenly felt extra sick and I threw up. Part of me says to take a test, but another part of me thinks it's pointless since it's always a BFN. I also have an appt on Friday for trigger point injections in my back, and they always urine test me first. So I'm debating just waiting until they do it. I don't really know what I should do. I feel like it's always a disappointment and a waste of money. But at the same time, this is killing me that I'm THIS late and now throwing up. I don't really have any other symptoms. Except my breasts have been sore the past few days which could also be PMS. And I had mild cramps the day before AF was due, but then they went away completely. I really don't know what to think.

**Edit - The only reason I even mention the hives is because it's weird and in previous pregnancies I developed rashes. I have had 4, none of which took. During my 2nd pregnancy I got shingles and during my 3rd I got eczema. So I don't know if it's related or a coincidence that I keep getting rashes.

Nevermind. My doubts were correct. I started cramping a little bit an hour or so ago and now have pink spotting. I guess AF is just super late.

Keep us updated if it is full AF or just implantation bleeding. I'm curious now.

Same here ..we been trying go for almost a year and every time I'm late a dragg taking a test.. I've also Had early loses . So I know how you feel. But hopefully this pink spotting you have is implantation bleeding. I know I had implantation bleeding with my first born.. it was light and a pinkish, color for like 3days so I assume it was just a light period. But to my guessing a week later I had extremely sore breast, and soo much sleep. I only slept on weekend.
Good luck I really hope its a lucky one..

Could implantation bleeding happen this late? I'm now officially 16 days late since it's after midnight. I had implantation bleeding with my 2nd pregnancy. It was for one night, only when I peed. The next day I had a headache and started crying hysterically (like a madwoman really) about the fact that my head hurt. It was really weird. Then the nausea set in while I was up in a biplane (I was on vacation) and then I went home. 3 days later the nausea didn't go away and I took a test and it was positive. But that one didn't last more than about 10 weeks. My 3rd had no implantation bleeding and ended the day before my first u/s. The last one had lots of bleeding, but that's because it was ectopic. I figured it was too late for implantation bleeding now since I'm over 2 weeks late. However, the cramps stopped and so did the spotting (for now). This is so confusing. The implantation bleeding the last time came BEFORE the nausea... my boobs were huge though. This time the nausea started first, so I don't know if it's just a coincidence and I have a stomach bug.

Full on AF. I took an oatmeal bath for whatever the heck is going on with my legs. I haven't been this itchy since I had chicken pox as a kid. The hot bath must have gotten things going though because it came on full after that. Ugh so annoying.

Sorry your out. But yes, its quite common to have early bleeding, at least for me. With DS I had a bleed for half a day when I was due AF, I was on the pill at the time so thought it wasn't normal. I then had another bleed at 6 weeks. With DD I had a bleed at 6,9,12 and 14 weeks... never long or a lot but enough to scare me.

I went to the doctor today and she said that with all my symptoms she's not sure it's my period and is worried I am having another mc. She skipped the urine test and went straight for the blood test. So I guess I'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->