Too Soon......Weaning #2!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice. Over the last few weeks noah's been quite sickly after some of his feeds, he brings some of the bottle back up & sometimes its a water type substance! I asked the health visitor but she said it was quite normal? When we're eating our tea he goes mad making a funny noise like he really wants to eat! My OH's mum thinks he might be ready for baby rice but I didn't want to start anything until about 17 weeks! She keeps saying how 'back in the day babies were weaned early which I know but I rly wanted to stick to whats "right?"
I'm really not sure what to do, he's a big baby, last weight approx 3 weeks ago was 15lb 6oz! He's on 7oz and would drink more if there was more in the bottle, sometimes he cries forn more but I'm not sure if I'd be doing the right thing giving him more?
Would it be too soon to start him on some rice? I know he's only 13 weeks but he's big?

Has anyone else weaned early?

Thanks

xx

We gave Bethanie a little petit filous and baby rice when she was 3-4 months and she enjoyed it..(it was my mum and boyfriends mum that were suggesting it too) but she also got a tiny bit constipated and I decided that I am her mummy and can tell she isn't completely ready for it yet! She also did that moaning thing when we were eating. In the end I managed to get her to 5/6 months, with a odd bit of rice, fruit puree or petit filous here and there..

If you feel it's the right time and he is happy with it, maybe start with some milky baby rice..?? Good luck

I wouldn't start the solids yet and instead would up the milk. Babies get excited at all sorts of things (DS has always loved the hoover but I wouldn't expect him to start hoovering lol). Personally I think that your LO is too young to start solids yet and I'd peservere with the milk and offer more ozs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->