Too tired for lunch

Future-Sailor

Reaction score
My 7 month old very often misses lunch due to being too tired. Is he hasn't had a good morning nap....which he rarely does due to the school run with my older daughter. So he ends up having 30-45 mins in the morning. When we are back home I give him a milk feed (bf). 30 mins later he start showing signs of being tired so I put him down for a nap. This is around 11am. I scheduled lunch for about 11:30 but he never makes it due to being overtired.

Does anybody else have the same problem? Do you think it is ok for him to skip lunch and just have breakfast and dinner at this age?

Why not just do lunch later when he's not tired? I wouldn't try to set specific times for meals yet. Have a snack earlier while he has his nap if you're hungry and then eat your own lunch later when he wakes and has his. At that age, my daughter definitely would have been asleep at 11:30 too, so she would have had milk before her nap, then napped, and we would have had lunch when she woke (maybe around 12 or 1?) and then she would have had milk again after that when she got hungry (3 or 4?). Really it should all be baby-led at this point rather than to a strict schedule, so just offer lunch when you have a good time to slot it between milk feeds and naps. Basically whenever he is alert and not overly hungry, let him explore some food and don't worry about what time it is.

Mine was barely on two meals a day at that age, and didn't start eating three meals until closer to 10-11 months. She mostly just breastfed, and as her solid intake gradually increased, she naturally took less milk. She'd probably have been happy eating three meals, but I was working on the guideline that the main source of nutrition should be breastmilk or formula until 12 months.

It's absolutely fine and needless to say, my daughter is too. :) Weight gain always great, development on track, all milestones hit. These babies know how to get what they need. :)

I would just move the lunch time before or after the nap, my 6 month old also naps around 11.30 so i give him milk before nap and lunch when he wakes usualy unless hes not tired around 11.30 i will give him lunch a little earlier then he will nap after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->