"too young to understand"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
what rubbish. okay, poppy may only be 9 months and doesn't understand santa and christmas but she SURE understands new toys!!! and you should SEE her every morning when I get her advent calendar down off the mantlepiece, she gets sooo excited! bounces all over the place and basically climbs over me to get to it!! my mil (who is actually really nice) said about her being too young. sorry but 90% of the stuff ive got her is stuff i would have bought anyway!!! like sabby said in another thread, if you cant spoil them on their first christmas, when can you?? :cry:

It doesnt matter if they understand or not. My mil was the same at Decs first Christmas, granted Dec was only 7 weeks but she said I didnt have to get him anything because he was to young and didnt understand !!! I bought him what I wanted. :)

Like I always say if you have the money and want to spoil your kids at Christmas then why not ?? And yes Nuke 1st Christmas's are special, so you go ahead and spoil your little lady, dont listen to anyone :) x x

Katie loves her advent calender and when i say do you want youe chicolate, she goes mental.

And every morning she comes downstairs, she looks at the tree and goes wow.

V xxx

poppy hasn't dared to go near the christmas tree again! :rofl: its on top of a wee table to keep it kind of out of her way, she went for it once, and i shouted NO! and she cried, but hasnt gone near it again!!

aww course Poppy will love her christmas pressies! I mean yea I think it does get better as they get that bit older but its still very very special and wonderful with a 9 month old ( Lily was this age on her 1st christmas :) )

Harvey is too young to understand but he certainly knows there's something going on. He points and shouts to lights and trees and shouts 'Santa' if he sees a picture. His wee face will be a picture on Christmas morning and he'll enjoy spending the day with all his family.

Harvey was only four months last Christmas but his face still lit up when he saw all his new toys laid out and he loved being the centre of attention all day.

People keep saying it to me too. She doesn't understand christmas/who santa is/anything to do with jesus etc but she sure bloody knows that the advent calendar has 'SEEEETIES!' in it and the presents under the tree have toys in if you pull the paper :haha:

I have gone all out for paiges first Xmas Aswell Hun, if u can afford it then why not lol x

exactly, my MIL keeps giving off about how much ive bought, but he so knows new toys, gets excited at the decorations and also at his advent calander, and its his first christmas so i want to spoil him. Plus most of the toys santa is bringing i would of bought anyway.

Kian will be nearly 5 months come xmas, and ive got him loads, every one keeps telling me 'he wont understand , so whats the point?' xx

I think its up to the parents, mine were 4mth and 6mth at first xmas and still got spoilt xx

Last year Chloe and Jaycee were just under 11 months and all they wanted was the wrapping paper. I am one person who doesnt need Christmas to spoil my girls. They have everything they want and its not just about the presents for me.

I think the LO's pick up on the atmosphere for sure. its my LO's birthday today and we've had a little family party and while she didnt understand why she was getting presents, she loved getting them and knew something special was happening. she wont get this again until xmas and then not again until her second birthday but i'm sure she appreciated having fun today none the less.

and anyway, it doesnt matter if a baby understands something or not, them having a lovely day with presents is what really matters. they're babies, when else will the world be that exciting to them!

I agree! If you cant spoil your kids at crimbo, then when can you? Regardless of their ages

My lo was too young to understand last year but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be spoiled on christmas. I believe christmas is all about the kids, it's magical for them and just because they are a little too young to understand doesn't mean they should be left out.

i bought alot and every one says i got to much.. but i got all toys she will grow into. and its my house and my money. i even went out to get super shiny paper to make her wanna open them lol.

Well I must be mad because my LO will only be 7 weeks on Christmas day and I have brought her a few things. Father Christmas will still bring her a stocking, and when she is older she will be able to see photos and videos of her first Christmas as I intend to take loads.

It's her first Christmas regardless of how old she is, hopefully will be taking her to see Santa and some reindeer in the woods Monday if all goes well. Mummy wants to see the reindeer too :)

charlie has a few presents to open, a big one from father christmas (jumperoo) and 2 small ones from mummy and daddy (taggie and bubble machine) as well as whatever family buy for him. He will be 16 nearly 17 weeks. Doesn't understand christmas but so what? I DO! :D x

LOL ... in our family it's the other way round ... Tattie has bought Kaylum about 8 presents on the grounds that he won't really understand while I've bought him loads because it's his first xmas and I know he'll enjoy what I've bought him whether he understands why he's got them or not :thumbup: :haha:

I've laboured over buying presents this year - it feels like it's been a real chore except for the stuff I've got for the little fella - I LOVED shopping for those :happydance: I could easily have spent the entire budget on him and not bothered with anyone else :rofl:

LOL ... in our family it's the other way round ... Tattie has bought Kaylum about 8 presents on the grounds that he won't really understand while I've bought him loads because it's his first xmas and I know he'll enjoy what I've bought him whether he understands why he's got them or not :thumbup: :haha:

I've laboured over buying presents this year - it feels like it's been a real chore except for the stuff I've got for the little fella - I LOVED shopping for those :happydance: I could easily have spent the entire budget on him and not bothered with anyone else :rofl:

Thats nice! If a Nana cant spoil her grandchildren then who can?
My mum went mental last year and this year on the girls thats why I took Tatties approach and only got them a few! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"