"too young to understand"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocco knows who Santa is, visually at least. When he sees him, he says "ho ho ho" But he doesn't get what Santa does yet. He does know, however, that he does NOT want to sit on his lap. He screamed all 4 times I tried.

My LO (only 5 months) gets excited by a magazine or a piece of wrapping paper :D

omg, mines the same. shes destroyed 2 Betterware catalogues to date. :dohh:

LOL .... the Argos catalogue - hours of baby entertainment at no cost :thumbup: Kaylum's exactly the same and I'm fully expecting him to enjoy the wrapping and boxes better than anything else on xmas day :haha:

It's really nice for them to be able to look back at the photos when they're older too. Maybe my sibling and I were the only weird kids that loved looking at out baby pics :haha:
and my parents still have our 'First Christmas' ornaments

I've had the he wont understand comments too but tbh i'd have bought him toys regardless and i've bought wisely eg things he'll grow into!
i've bought alot of keepsake things 'my 1st xmas' cause i think there never gunn have another 1st xmas are they :( x

I've well & truly spoilt her and been told I'm crazy but I don't care! :D

Tbh....I can't wait for her to have new toys because I'm sick of the old ones lol x

I have gone over board for Bryns first Christmas. I am in the process of hand knitting him his first ever scarf as a personal touch. He'll prefer his toys but gives me something to do. I want to make it as special as poss and t's also our first Christmas in our new house with LO. Can't wait to saturday morning

same here!! this is our first christmas as a family, its going to be soo special! im guna be up at the scrake of dawn!!

My gran has been driving me mad telling me off for going crazy on Matthew's presents for Christmas but I can afford to and that lovely little monster of mine knows EXACTLY what new toys are. His face as we opened his birthday presents on Wednesday was a picture. Squeeling and wiggling off my knee and straight smack bang into the middle of his new toys and laughing his head off :) Perfect pictures and perfect memories and a happy LO :)

Also I probably would have been buying half of them anyway....the other half are just because it's christmas and he was only 10 days old last year and slept most of the day away so this year is gonna be fun!!

Nuke I think we're lucky on our childrens ages for their 1st Xmas, my little man def knows somethings going on and ok he doesn't get the meaning of Xmas in terms of jesus, but he will still know it's a really special time! James is the same his face lights up when he sees his advent calendar and he got a present at nursery last week and his face lit up when he opened it! He will def have fun this year and that's the most important thing to me xx

my wee one is only 5 months old. She has nooo idea what christmas is and would probably be happy with mummys magazines to wreck! But WE love christmas so she's getting spoilt rotten! Stuff all the scrooges! Its our first as a wee family and its so special!

My LO will be 11 months on Christmas Eve and I get really upset when my OH gives me a funny look when I've been writing sweet messages on her gift tags 'She can't read it!' and laughing about the concept of her having a stocking... I think it's the perfect excuse to spoil her and stock up on new toys- she is getting well bored of her baby toys now and she's not had anything new since she was a newborn (except clothes of course!)

Pffft Harrison will be 5 months and his presents are slowly filling up mine & my mum's living room.... i dont care what other people think :lol:

Happy 1st Christmas little bubbas :D x

aiden will be 3 months xmas i dont think ive spoiled him that much (just what i could afford) got him things he will grow into and got them in the mothercare sale :Dbut everyone says ive went overboard!!!

Emily may not understand yet...but she knows her toys..so I found no harm in spoiling her this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back