Took wedding ring off :/

Eniala

Reaction score
My fingers are swollen and it took everything I had just to get my rings off! Thought if the swelling went back down I'd put them back on, but I can't. Is it swelling or did my fingers just get fatter? I hate not having them on :(

I'm not wearing mine now either, I can't wear my watch neither. :-(

Snap last 3 weeks nothing watch is on but till the afternoon and only if I need it on feels so strange without them

Will it go back to normal after baby comes?

I've been wearing my wedding ring on a chain around my neck for a couple of weeks now. My fingers swell, mostly at night- but never really go back to normal, so I thought it was best to take my ring off until after birth.

I think it's normal, just another lovely pregnancy symptom. I believe it's mostly water retention, and that your fingers will go back to normal size once baby is born.

In the meantime it's best to wear your rings on a chain around your neck or something, if you put them back on and your fingers keep swelling you could cut off circulation! So if they are already tight, leave them off :)

I've been wearing my wedding ring on a chain for a few weeks. It's usually just a wonderful pregnancy symptom that goes away a while after birth.

its normal its just that your body is storeing more fluid you will find your feet and ankles will swell, once baby is here your fingers and hands will go back to normal

I had this with my previous children and it went away shortly after birth. Feel lucky if it is just your rings and watches. I am only 14 weeks now and my normally size 8 feet are rocking size 10 1/2 wides and I no longer have ankle bones.

I've noticed my engagement ring getting tighter!!

My wedding ring is a little too big, normally my engagement ring keeps it from falling off, but now it stays put on its own!

Mine have been off since 20 weeks. Normal! Your fingers will go back to normal eventually. Safest to just keep them off for now, last thing you want is having to cut them off!

i had to use baby oil and moisturiser to get my wedding ring and engagement ring off!! I had visions of having to have them cut off if I didnt!! I had indents on my finger for a few days after and even though I havnt had them on for about 6 weeks now, when im driving (i tap my rings on the gear stick out of habit) I have this enormous feeling of OH MY GOD IVE LOST MY WEDDING RINGS!! before I realise i took them off!!

Yes they will go back to normal soon. Mine have been off most the pregnancy, I can wear them during the day but at night my fingers swell and I would take them off and put them on the night stand. One day in like January my 2 year old got to them before I did and put them in her air vent. After a long excursion getting them out I put them in my jewelry box for safe keeping. I put them on for date nights or anytime I dress up though

My rings get tight in the night time but are fine during the day. I took mine off yesterday though after a huge fight with DH, (threw them at him, pregnancy hormones have made me a drama queen lol) I better go put them back on before my fingers swell up again.

I had to take my wedding band off :( but thank goodness I can still fit my engagement ring. I feel so weird without my wedding band!

Yep in previous pregnancies I had to take rings off....so far this time round my engagement ring is still far too big and spins round my finger, have zero swelling or water retention it's crazy...waiting on it though as I know I will experience it at some point!

Oh and yep your fingers will go back to normal, think it was about 2-3 weeks for me previously
X

I took mine off yesterday :-( they were getting tight and my midwife advised me to take them off now before they need to be cut off! Lol xxx

Yep! Me too :( i have only had mine a short while too :( was so sad to take them off but better that then them being cut off or causing problems i guess...still, im looking forward to putting them straight back on once the swelling goes down :flower:

I had to take mine off a couple og weeks ago as it was cutting into my finger. Its getting nice and moisturized.
Im sure it will go after baby is here as I have noticed swelling in my feet and my shoes are not fitting very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->