• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toothache

StaceyM

Reaction score
I have sharp pain on one side of my mouth whenever I eat or drink, but everything looks ok in there... It feels like shooting pain from a nerve. I don't have any dental issues generally, and I went to the dentist regularly before pregnancy. I've read about pregnancy causing a sinus infection, which causes tooth pain, but I'm pretty sure my sinuses are fine. Has anyone had this issue?

My teeth have recently become really sensitive to sweet things. Never had any dental issues but know that pregnancy can cause issues with gums receding etc...maybe a nerve has been exposed as your gum has receded?! I've switched to a sensitive toothpaste, it helps a little xx

If it's sensitivity issues you can get fluoride over the counter at the pharmacy. You swish with it and like at the dentist don't eat or drink for 1/2 hour. It fills those tiny porous holes in your teeth. Like Sensidine toothpaste but you don't need to wait for a week for it to work. If it still hurts after you try dealing with sensitivity ie receding gums or exposed nerves then I'd go in for a check up.

Ok. I'll try those things. Thanks for answering ladies. It does feel like sensitivity of some sort, since I don't think a cavity would create pain this suddenly. It was just fine one day, and then terrible the next. It is worse when I eat sweet things - you're right! I hope I don't have to go to the dentist right now; My nausea came back in the third trimester, and things in my mouth cause issues right now.

Ok. I'll try those things. Thanks for answering ladies. It does feel like sensitivity of some sort, since I don't think a cavity would create pain this suddenly. It was just fine one day, and then terrible the next. It is worse when I eat sweet things - you're right! I hope I don't have to go to the dentist right now; My nausea came back in the third trimester, and things in my mouth cause issues right now.

I bet you it's the acid leaving your teeth sensitive. I hope the fluoride helps the pain go away xx

Me!

I get really bad sinusitis at the best of times but pre pregnancy it was usually cleared up easily with decongestants - obviously we can't take them now pregnant!

I have had it 4 times and what I found helped was getting some paracetamol and codeine from Dr and using a steamer with a small amount of old as oil in it - one for the room! I also filled the sink up with Luke warm water put my face under then breathed in and out through my nose - I did it twice a day and it eased up after two days

It is really crap and I totally feel for you hang in there

I don't think it's sinus related. Yours sounds worse than mine MummyMac! It is just a sharp pain when I eat or drink. I've isolated it to one specific tooth so I hope there isn't an issue with a nerve there, or a broken filling. I can't remember which teeth I have fillings in :wacko: It's worse sometimes and better other times. I tried to get fluoride at the pharmacy, but they don't have it here. It seems like that isn't something we have at pharmacies in Canada. I'm going to call the dentist though as they might have it there. I remember once they sent me home with a bottle of something that I had to buy, so maybe... In the meantime I'm hoping that Sensodyne will help.

I don't think it's sinus related. Yours sounds worse than mine MummyMac! It is just a sharp pain when I eat or drink. I've isolated it to one specific tooth so I hope there isn't an issue with a nerve there, or a broken filling. I can't remember which teeth I have fillings in :wacko: It's worse sometimes and better other times. I tried to get fluoride at the pharmacy, but they don't have it here. It seems like that isn't something we have at pharmacies in Canada. I'm going to call the dentist though as they might have it there. I remember once they sent me home with a bottle of something that I had to buy, so maybe... In the meantime I'm hoping that Sensodyne will help.

Hey lady, I'm in Canada too! I did find fluoride but can't remember where - London Drugs or Walmart. But I also had a cracked tooth due to grinding at night with super sharp pain like yours that I had to get a crown for so make sure it's nothing like that. Fx for you feeling better soon, I hate tooth pains!

Oh! Both pharmacies that I went to acted like they'd never heard of it even existing!! Hmm. Manitoba problem maybe? BC and Ontario always have more stuff than anywhere else. I didn't go to London Drugs or Walmart though... London Drugs are tough to find here, and I do try to avoid the Walmart. I might have to suck it up this one time though :D

That's a pain! The stuff I got is called Fluoridex and there's a number on the box to call "Questions? Call: 800-422-9448" manufactured by Discus Dental www.discusdental.com
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"